USB Audio on Android cannot be set to bit perfect

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
yunowork

USB Audio on Android cannot be set to bit perfect

Post by yunowork » Tue May 04, 2021 7:06 am

Hi, I have a CM6631A based USB->SPDIF converter which I'm trying to set up for Neutron on Android (v7). Overall it works well, but when I tested bit perfection (with all the settings set correctly) I found that Neutron is not providing bitperfect output. I then double checked the CM6631A device with USB Audio Player Pro on the same Android phone, and also tested with a PC, both of which successfully provided bit perfect output, so the issue appears to be Neutron.

Direct USB and Follow Source Frequency are enabled and functioning correctly. I have made sure to disable every possible setting that could be altering the audio data, even disabling volume control altogether. I've tried every permutation of Generic Driver/Speaker/On/Off, 32bit on/off, dither off, etc, but the bitperfect test always fails. The test can be done in 44.1Khz/16bit or 96Khz - both fail.

I'm on the latest version from the Play store.

Can the dev please take a look at this?

blaubär

Re: USB Audio on Android cannot be set to bit perfect

Post by blaubär » Tue May 04, 2021 8:14 am

How do you test this ?
Did you disable Audio Hardware > Ultrasonic Filter and everthing in Playback > DSP Effect ?

yunowork

Post by yunowork » Tue May 04, 2021 8:39 am

The optical out of the CM6631A is connected to an M-DAC, which has a special function to check bit perfection by playing back a special wav file.

Yes, I disabled every single setting that could possibly affect audio data (except Direct USB and Follow Source Frequency). 64 bit processing is disabled. Dither disabled. Gain set to 0 (also tried disabling volume control), etc etc.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue May 04, 2021 9:30 am

Feel free to contact neutronmp@gmail.com and ask them.