Android 13 ; Playlist location not accessible

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
art2work4

Android 13 ; Playlist location not accessible

Post by art2work4 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:31 pm

I had to buy a new tablet, the old one died. Unfortunately I discovered that when I installed NeutronMP from the playstore on my new tablet that my playlists were apparently not part of the back-up that Android makes.

So now I've lost all my playlists. :evil: I don't want that to happen again, so I wanted to change the location of playlists to an SD card, so that I could back it up myself.
However the location of the playlist seems to be fixed at: /data/user/0/com.neutroncde.mp/files/NeutronMP.

I can't even manage to backup that location in android/data/user (for example via an app that can sync folder between local and SD storage), since that location is protected under Android 13 and thus inaccessible for the user or other apps.

So Developers, can you pls. allow the users to assign their own location to playlists? That way i can at least backup my playlists !!!

blaubär

Re: Android 13 ; Playlist location not accessible

Post by blaubär » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:49 pm

Please look here for hints as how to best work around these problems.

art2work4

Re: Android 13 ; Playlist location not accessible

Post by art2work4 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:16 am

Ah, blaubär, I see, so it is due to Android/Google messing things up with perhaps too much restrictions. I will study SAF, but probably I will downgrade to a Android 8 version. It is a pity because I like the new recorder version, but for now playlist access is more important to me.
And 99,9% of the time my tablet's wifi is disabled and used off-grid, so I don't have too many security concerns.