[UNCONFIRMED] Wake not waking

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Benedict

[UNCONFIRMED] Wake not waking

Post by Benedict » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:58 pm

Hi

Liking the player a lot overall. One thing I really want to be able to use is the Wake Feature as a daily alarm. I appear to have it set up within the app but it has been unreliable.

Day 1 - phone sterted playing music fine - just 5 mins after set time

Day 2 - changed the Wake time and it worked well, rockin' start to the day

Day 3 on - doesn't start playing music till I press the central Wake/Home button on my Galaxy SII

Am I doing something wrong in how I leave the phone in the evening, it is plugged into headphone to stereo, sometimes to AC adapter, I sometimes use the Sleep function, sometimes not. I generally press the Power/Screen Off Button to save power but that is it. Yesterday I even closed the Player app so I just had the Wake showing in the Process bar. Still have to press the button to get it going.

There is either a bug or I am missing something entirely.

:)

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Wake not waking

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi!

I tried to reproduce the behavior described but Wake timer works always as needed.

The only cause could be that Android is killing Neutron process and it does not re-start in background. Then of course nothing will happen. Are you using some modified kernel for S2? The dev. S2 is working well in terms of wake timer but it is running official Samsung firmware.