Version 1.68 PlayBook UI bug

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
DougL

Re: Version 1.68 PlayBook UI bug

Post by DougL » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I've managed to get the great sounds back again. However, ther are still some minor problems. The Auto Gain Protection slider wouldn't go lower than 1.0, so pressed the Reset Gain & EQ button. That sets the equalizer bars all to minus 3. I had compounded the Gain problem by using the same equalizer settings as before the upgrade, resulting in everything being to high. Anyway, if I use minus 3 as the zeroed setting, it works. I can live with this for a while. Thanks again for the quick response.

grantwarkentin

Post by grantwarkentin » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:59 pm

Anyone got the upgrade pushed through yet?

My Playbook has been sad for weeks now because of the UI bug. Me too, because a lot of my music is in Vorbis format which the native player apparently can't see. I've been forced to listen to music on my old Bold 9700! The horror!

bookbound

Post by bookbound » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:55 am

update.
fix is in and we're waiting on appworld.
have managed to get the player to work ... although
UI is a tad mixed up as everyone knows.

but ... happy to be playing 24bits/ 88.2khz FLAC !!!!!

========================================
just bought this app. nothing seems to work.
cannot import music files
cannot manually select folders
cannot manually select sources

autoscan does not work either.
pick lists seem to be missing as i cannot
browse playbook for my music !
Last edited by bookbound on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pippinsdad

Post by pippinsdad » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:12 am

Well, it's Friday night, so I assume it will be at least another 3 days before the update is approved by BB. :(

bookbound

Post by bookbound » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:13 pm

hotfix is in according to dimitry
we're waiting on appworld to pass it through the gates !

Kees Kemper wrote:I have just installed the new version of neutronmp. There seem to be some changes in the user interface. However it doesn't work properly on the PlayBook. The fonts are too small, sometimes I get a completely black screen, there are buttons missing. Is it possible to get back the old interface? I was very happy with that.

instrosurfman

Post by instrosurfman » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:04 am

We have been waiting 17 days. Aside from the UI fix, can Dimitri comment on the fact that scanning SD card quits after 30 or so songs but will scan all 800 of my songs from onboard memory?

stutbw

THANK YOU!

Post by stutbw » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:46 pm

Dmitri, Please accept this personal note of thanks for your diligence and efforts to get the PB version going again. Many of us feel this way. NeutronMP is my favorite app. The recent UI problem and delays getting fixes through the BBMarketplace must be terribly frustrating to you. As is the sniveling and sniping of the customer base who are also currently disappointed in the current condition. Thank you for persisting in the fix. Thank you for giving value to your customers. May you continue to be accepted in the marketplace and NeutronMP recognized for the great application it is. Have a blessed day!

Timboalogo

Post by Timboalogo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:12 am

I just used that link on my Z10 and I am loving the app on this device. It makes up for having to wait for the fix for the Playbook version! I even tried using the proximity sensor option to control playback on the Z10....cool idea.

I followed d the advice to make sure I used manual scanning rather than automatic so as to find all of the tracks on my SD card. It worked superb.

warrenmr

Post by warrenmr » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:10 am

Timboalogo wrote:I just used that link on my Z10 and I am loving the app on this device. It makes up for having to wait for the fix for the Playbook version! I even tried using the proximity sensor option to control playback on the Z10....cool idea.

I followed d the advice to make sure I used manual scanning rather than automatic so as to find all of the tracks on my SD card. It worked superb.
It does well on the Z10 aside from the sdcard scanning issue which I don't think is unique to the Z10. (I have tried both automatic and manual scanning with the same results by the way).

What is the 'proximity sensor option'?

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:17 pm

Unfortunately no update approval on Monday... :(

> Was the PB version of Neutron written as a true BB PB app or is it a ported version of the Android? If the two are separate, is it possible to side load an Android version and it work properly on the PB??

Neutron on PlayBook or BB10 is full native app. E.g. it is not some Java app ported quickly using Android framework in PlayBook/BB10. Native app means it is developed using low level language C/C++. So, side loading is not possible because the main core of Neutron is in native code which can't be moved from Android OS to QNX OS (PlayBook/BB10). Only pure Java Android apps are side loadable.

Due to so much time already passed since 31.01 I hope that approval will come early on this week.