[FIXED] BB Z10 SDcard: Files are not detected

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
maxideus

Re: BB Z10 SDcard: Files are not detected

Post by maxideus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:53 pm

Hello,

I just want to add that I own the BlackBerry Z10 (10.0.10.85) and running the latest version of Neutron MP (1.68.3.2). My SDCard is recognized, although, not all the folders nested inside of the parent folder "Music" has been recognized. I have around 12 subfolders inside Music and NeutronMP only recognized 3 folders.

EDIT: I got the latest update on 03/21/2013 on version 1.69.2.2 and the SDCard folder scanning is not functioning 100%. It only picks up 3 of 12 folders.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi! :) Yes, the workaround for external SD is not yet in 1.69. But it will be implemented asap once Z10 is finally received. Emulators of Z10/Q10 allow external SD emulation but Neutron is working as expected and everything is scanned on SD, so this is extremely specific hardware/OS issue which needs to be analyzed on real Z10.

winblu

Post by winblu » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:59 am

I would just like to say thanks for making the Playbook useful for audiophiles and for letting us Z10 owners download NMP without paying again.
My most recent convert to NMP is my 72 year old mother and she loves it. Just hope you can get sd card issue fixed in spite of Blackberry.

lebrocoli

Post by lebrocoli » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:14 am

Yeah, even selecting the radio button /accounts/1000/removable does not do the trick and personally, I do not like that because it somewhat displays my videos files and if I click on a video entry, I hear the audio of video file.

Anyhow, the real path that you need to hardcode in the software is:

/accounts/1000/removable/sdcard/music

Let me know when it's in, I can test it for you.
Thanks

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:53 pm

> /accounts/1000/removable/sdcard/music

But during source creation you could simply browse to folder /music on SD and select just it. Neutron will scan it and will collect audio files only from this folder.

primusd

Post by primusd » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:17 am

dmitrykos wrote:BB informed that they will start sending dev. versions of Z10's to developers in 2 weeks time.
Hi Dmitry - I'm sure you are as anxious as the rest of us to get your z10 LE and sort out the sd card bug. Any word or update from BB on a delivery timeline?

jotortelli

Post by jotortelli » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi there,
maybe you are interest to know, that on my Z10 the first album on the external SD-Card is detected and playable. I have about 20 or 30 folders (=albums) on it, all in flac.

Greetings

lebrocoli

Post by lebrocoli » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Thanks.

It took me time to realize that I could drill-down the source directories that are presented to me in order to reach
/accounts/1000/removable/sdcard/music/

So, once I realized that, I specified it as the main source folder and let the software scan all the sub-directories.

I would say that under Music, I have 170 main Sub-Directories, and each sub-directory contains one or more sub-directories, for thousand of files.

Now, after the scanning stops, which does not take long, the count is at 249 songs. It makes no sense.

We need to try to understand why the scanning stops. Is there a way to enable debugging to see what it complains about?

Let me know.
Thanks

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:42 pm

> Is there a way to enable debugging to see what it complains about?

Unfortunately not but there will be an update on next week with possible solution. According user comments there are random errors on device once Neutron is installed. The most affected are is SD card but others are: BBM could not be working, images not visible in photo gallery and etc. It can only be caused by Neutron app manifest and the only part of it is the one which is registering Neutron to many different audio file extensions. May be some buffer overflow is happening on OS side. On PlayBooks this part is absent as not supported by OS and there is no any problem at all when Neutron is installed.

Next update will have this part of manifest completely cut off and if problems go away I will report the bug to BB dev. network for further investigation.

lebrocoli

Post by lebrocoli » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Yeah, have a look at your 'Invoke-Target-Filter' entry in the manifest, it looks a bit strange. This is maybe preventing the scan to complete successfully.

Thanks for all your work!