SMB

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
aural111

Re: SMB

Post by aural111 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:30 pm

dmitrykos wrote: There is bug in 1.69.1 which makes problems with Guest sessions. E.g. for Guest sessions user field must be empty but Neutron won't keep it empty if you have >1 registrations with user/password in the database. It is fixed already in dev. version. Also in next version NTLMv2 authentication will be supported too that is useful for LAN's with enforced high security.
Hello dmitrykos,

I upgraded the latest release, and there are some good results achieved:
After I long press submask, it brought me all devices I have,shown as below:
workgroup
workfroup/server name;
workfroup/server name;
Howvere, While I press any devices above, all bring me the same message: No Directoies Here.
I tried to input username/password, but get the same results.
If I use ES file to explore the lan, all shared folders are there.

I appreciate all the thoughts/suggestions, and don't want to drop off this excellent App easily.
Thank you,

Aural

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:16 pm

Hi Aural,

I was analyzing situation further and found out that Neutron needs Shares browsing additional packet implementation (RPC call) for Windows 7 and higher OSes. What OS are you trying to connect?

In case of Windows 7 and 8 there is workaround though:

[+] for new source -> Network -> [+] for new network entry -> enter direct path to Share by pressing [ADDRESS]:

\\YOUR-PC-NAME-OR-IP\share_name

Confirm and enter Username and Password. Confirm creation of entry.

Press on newly created entry and you will see 'share_name' listed, press on it. Will Neutron start browsing it further?

I made experiment on Windows 7 and 8 and such workaround works on them.

Neutron will get RPC share enumeration implemented, so this workaround won't be needed in the future but currently you can try it.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

aural111

Post by aural111 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:09 pm

dmitrykos wrote:
[+] for new source -> Network -> [+] for new network entry -> enter direct path to Share by pressing [ADDRESS]:

Press on newly created entry and you will see 'share_name' listed, press on it. Will Neutron start browsing it further?

Excellent!!! The way you proposed works on both Win 7 and Win 8. Thank you!
And, I wish a new releae come soon to fix this issue permantly. ^_^

Aural

ZIPN VW

Post by ZIPN VW » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Windows7 share.

Above solution does not work for me. I do not know if it matters but my share is named "Music (FLAC)". :?:

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:21 pm

> I do not know if it matters but my share is named "Music (FLAC)"

It is not full share path, it must be:

\\YOUR-PC-NETWORK-NAME-OR-IP\Music (FLAC)

If you access your share on Windows machine through Network icon and copy-paste the path to Music (FLAC) how it looks like? You need to enter this full path to Neutron in place of [ADDRESS] and also if you have password protection in your Windows network you need to fill in [LOGIN]/[PASSWORD] too.

the_impossible_dream

Post by the_impossible_dream » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:05 pm

dmitrykos wrote:Hi Aural,

I was analyzing situation further and found out that Neutron needs Shares browsing additional packet implementation (RPC call) for Windows 7 and higher OSes. What OS are you trying to connect?

In case of Windows 7 and 8 there is workaround though:

Neutron will get RPC share enumeration implemented, so this workaround won't be needed in the future but currently you can try it.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

Thanks for the instructions, Dimitry, but I'm having an issue with the network sourcing

I am using a Playbook and trying to access share files on Windows 7.

I followed your instructions and now have the following listed under sources:

192.168.2.13\cd rips
ERROR: Zero path!
0 Entries

In this case, "cd rips" is my shared folder. Any suggestions what to do next?

Thanks

the_impossible_dream

Post by the_impossible_dream » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Further to my last question, Dimitry, I was wondering if my firewall may be blocking the connection. I currently use Comodo firewall on my Windows 7 computer. Would you think this might be a factor and if so, where would I change any settings in my firewall to allow the connection.

A part of me though does not think it is the firewall as I use Ghost Commander on my playbook and can easily access my Windows shares through that program.

ZIPN VW

Post by ZIPN VW » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:04 pm

dmitrykos wrote:>

It is not full share path, it must be:

\\YOUR-PC-NETWORK-NAME-OR-IP\Music (FLAC)

If you access your share on Windows machine through Network icon and copy-paste the path to Music (FLAC) how it looks like? You need to enter this full path to Neutron in place of [ADDRESS] and also if you have password protection in your Windows network you need to fill in [LOGIN]/[PASSWORD] too.
I understood that. I was just being specific about the share. I used the full share path as seen in windows. My Vista box has no problem being seen but my music is not stored there. Logins and Passwords were used. Both read/write and read only logins were tried. ES explorer can see all my shares. Neutron can only see my Vista shares.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:21 pm

> I was wondering if my firewall may be blocking the connection. I currently use Comodo firewall on my Windows 7 computer. Would you think this might be a factor and if so, where would I change any settings in my firewall to allow the connection.

Firewall can prevent access to CIFS Windows service. You can try adding exception for Inbound/Outbound routes for port 445. If User/Password, IP and Share were correct then probably firewall can be the reason. But, if you specified type for your network connection as Home/Work then probably firewall is not blocking and you need to check if file sharing is enabled. This all can be done from Network & Sharing Center.

> Neutron can only see my Vista shares.

Listing shares of Windows 7/8 machines will be implemented in next update I hope (current dev. task).

pauldroid

Post by pauldroid » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:07 pm

I love Neutron, but I just can't get SMB working to my NAS (D-Link DN-320).

I can see my NAS shares fine on my Windows XP and Windows 7 PCs. I can see my NAS shares fine in ES File Explorer on my Android (Galaxy S2). I can see Windows XP shares fine in Neutron on the S2.

But I've tried all the permutations mentioned in this thread and I can never get any further than "no directories here" when trying to access the NAS from Neutron.

I would really like to be able to retire my Win XP machine and just use the NAS to stream music to Neutron.

Keep up the good work!

Paul