sorting issue

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
crash613

sorting issue

Post by crash613 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:24 pm

New user here. Let me start by saying that i really like the program. There are a couple of issues i was wondering about. They may already have answers, but i can't seem to find them.

First, my biggest complaint is that i like to browse my music by Genre. I go to Genre and choose a genre. Rock, for example. Next i would like to be able to choose the artist then choose all or a particular album. The problem is in the sorting. I choose genre, and it automatically sort them by album. I don't want to be sorted by album I want them sorted by artist then album. It appears that you can change it by holding down on the screen and changing it in the pop up that appears, however this doesn't change anything it continues to sort my album. I would like to be able to pick an artist and then play all songs by that artist regardless of which album They are on.

the next thing is a very annoying bug. It seems that whenever I connect to bluetooth headphones for plug in regular headphones music starts playing a Immediately. I do not want to do this. I cannot find a setting that allows me to change this, hopefully there is 1. Please advise

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: sorting issue

Post by dmitrykos » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:02 pm

> don't want to be sorted by album I want them sorted by artist then album

It is possible to achieve like this: go to Genres -> tap on desired genre -> long-press 'All songs' top entry and press [SETUP] -> choose sorting order "Artist, Year and Album" -> confirm -> tap on 'All songs' and you will notice that tracks are sorted in chosen order.

> connect to bluetooth headphones for plug in regular headphones music starts playing a Immediately

You can switch it off in: Settings -> Headset / Line-out / Controls -> switch off AUTO-PLAY option

crash613

Post by crash613 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:57 pm

While that is true... it still sorts them by album first.. I want to play all songs by an artist, but it divides them up by album on the top level of the sort. Want it to give artist first THEN album.

ANd thank you for the bluetooth tip. That did the trick

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:52 pm

> it still sorts them by album first..

Neutron is trying to sort like this:

Artist A
|- Album A (2004)
|- Album An (2004)
|- Album B (2005)

Artist B
|- Album A (2004)
|- Album An (2004)
|- Album B (2005)

And so on, e.g. Artists are sorted by alphabet then album by Year and alphabet. Isn't what you wanted to achieve?

crash613

Post by crash613 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Ok then... How would I pick a genre then within that genre choose an arrest... Say green day.. Now play ALL songs by green day shuffled together? Once I've chosen green day it seems that I must choose which album. I don't want a specific album. I want ALL green day songs that fall within a given genre. Does that make more sense?

Or in keeping with your example. I choose attest a. I want to listen to all 3 of the albums shuffled together. Album a album an and album b

jotortelli

Post by jotortelli » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:38 pm

Hello,
I'm new too and love this app really. It's a great work.
Guess it will be o.k. here with another sorting problem: I have a lot albums and no problem to play all songs of an artist, but if I chose an artist the sorting inside of an album will not be normal, means the tracks are not in the order that the album should have. The stock-player will do it right, but of course who has listened with neutron don't want it anymore. Otherwise some files are not played with it.
I'm using flac format and the files are seriously tagged. If I have a list genre artist album the tracks are numbered from 1 to for example 542. I had expected that 1 to 10 and 1 to 12 and so on in every album would appear.
Is that not intended ? Guess the tag of track-number is in flac not available ?
Please excuse my scary english - hope you understand what I mean and you can help....

greetings Jotortelli

CCA

Post by CCA » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:16 pm

> don't want to be sorted by album I want them sorted by artist then album

Hi,
I'm using the very last version of Neutron, with Android 8. Very very great sound !
It seems to be unable to sort "genre" by "artist" for exemple, but only by "album" name.
I think this is a problem ... and a bug ?
Friendships,
C-A

CCA

Post by CCA » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:50 am

Hi everyone,

I want to take a striking example here :

For each "genre" or "category", results are actually sorted like this :

>> (Categoy) Jazz ...

1) Berlin 1962
Ray Charles

2) Disney songs for Sathmo way
Louis Armstrong

3) Dreaming wide awake
Lizz Wright

4) Dreams and Daggers
Cecile McLorin Salbant

5) Original recordings 54-63
Ray Charles

6) The very best
Louis Armstrong

etc....

>>> I would like Neutron to sort & present my Album-Artist & albums like this :

1) Cecile McLorin Salvant
Dreams and Daggers

2) Lizz Wright
Dreaming wide awake

3) Louis Armstrong
Disney songs for Sathmo way

4) Louis Armstrong
The very best

5) Ray Charles
Berlin 1962

6) Ray Charles
Original recordings 54-63

I think it is more easy to find an "album-artist" (or "Artist") than a n album name...

Thank you for helping me,
C-A