Refresh DB don't ends

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
jotortelli

Refresh DB don't ends

Post by jotortelli » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:51 pm

Hi there,
proud to have such a good player I have a little problem. Every time I start the app, it begins to refreshing the DB and I can't deactivate the little red icons on the right when I'm on the sourses screen (the ones for SD-Card's).
This alone woudn't much disturbing for the few songs on the SD-Card (about 250 only internal), but I have a path to my NAS over WLan with smb. If I out of reach from my WLan the refreshing never stops and the CPU use make ocassionally stops the music. The button for refreshing for this source is of course deactivated.
The path refer 10.775 songs wich are played without any problem (maybe it sounds a little crazy).
So what can I do for stopping refresh DB when the path is out of reach ?

Best regards

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Refresh DB don't ends

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:20 am

Hi!

> If I out of reach from my WLan the refreshing never stops and the CPU use make ocassionally stops the music.

It takes long because Neutron is trying to connect to SMB endpoint and because it is not reachable timeout happens. Timeout happens after 30 seconds. To avoid such problem since 1.70 (released on BB, will be released on Android this week) there is possibility to disable source entry by pressing on its icon. Disabled source will cause hiding of music tracks (and all other corresponding entries) in the database. Refreshing will not work on disabled source entries either.

Best regards,
Dmitry.

the_impossible_dream

Post by the_impossible_dream » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:45 pm

FINALLY, v1.70 worked to connect me to my Windows 7 shares. However, I'm only able to add one folder at a time to my sources by tapping the red refresh button on that folder. When I try to tap the refresh button on the root folder that all the artist folders are in, it just flashes "refresh db" endlessly, and nothing seems to happen. I've only given it about an hour so far...maybe it needs to load for much longer???

In any case, to explain in more detail, my folder structure of my Windows share is as follows:

\\cd rips\artist\album\track

If I tap the red refresh button on either an "album" or "artist" folder, it seems to load the source pretty quickly and easily. However if I tap (select) the red button on the root "cd rips", folder it just seems to flash "refresh db" infinitely, and does not appear to load anything further.

I have probably 300 "artist folders" in total, and probably 2000 "album" folders within the overall folder structure. Is this just too much for Neutron to handle?

Please help...being so close to making this work is terribly exciting and frustrating at the same time. Getting this working will completely liberate my music enjoyment.

Thanks in advance, and I totally appreciate your efforts to get this share thing working!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:48 pm

I am glad that Windows 7 shares are enumerated at last.

> it just seems to flash "refresh db" infinitely

This processing takes time because network communication has latency. What if you try waiting for quite long time, 30-40 minutes? Will Neutron finish scanning after that time? May be you have some video files under top-level folder? Videofile's analysis is time wasting task too.

There is no limitation to a number of files/folders, so Neutron can handle as many as possible. Since 1.70 version its UI performance for large databases was improved.