Neutron Player producing quiet beeeeeps?

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
velixzeen

Neutron Player producing quiet beeeeeps?

Post by velixzeen » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:31 pm

Hello. Really enjoying neutron!

I have a beep or tone being produced (I believe) by neutron every 2 or 3 or 4 minutes. I usually hear it between songs as there is a lack of audio then, but can also hear it over songs sometimes. It is not a loud tone. The ogg/mp3/flac files don't contain the beeeeep as on other devices it is not present. The tone/beep lasts about two seconds. I searched briefly on the forums here but did not see anything like this, only http://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... beep#p3865. I am not pushing any buttons at the time I hear the beep.

Any ideas what causes this and how to stop it? I am using the current neon release 1.71.1, but could hear it on the non-neon version too.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Neutron Player producing quiet beeeeeps?

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi!

> beep or tone being produced (I believe) by neutron every 2 or 3 or 4 minutes

It can't be done by Neutron because to generate tone there must be logic behind that in Neutron but there is no such. Could you have some background process or app which might be doing this? Actually I never had similar problem report and thus do not have working workaround for such issue.

velixzeen

Post by velixzeen » Fri May 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Greetings dmitrykos:

I also thought that neutron was not doing this and that it must be another app producing the beeps. I have been using neutron on two (identical) phones for three weeks now to see if I could determine the cause, but have not yet accomplished this.

Both are LG P920's (Optimus 3D). I am running the Android ROM named ThiaiZ O3D GB V2.7.1 and software version LGP920-V21d-FEB-17-2-12. Both exhibit the beep events.

KEYLOCK is on (red present in circle) and WAKELOCK is off (no red present in circle).

If the neutron ui is visible on the screen (playing or paused), the beep/tone sounds exactly on two minute intervals. Setting the screen timeout to 15 seconds in the phone's settings does not change the frequency, so I don't think it has anything to do with the screen timeout setting.

If the phone screen is blanked using the lock botton on the phone the same behavior occurs. It does not matter if the neutron ui is showing or not, the beep/tone will still occur. The phone does not emit the beeps before neutron is started.

Is there a way of seeing what app is triggering a sound event? Any advice is appreciated.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat May 04, 2013 3:53 pm

Unfortunately I do not know what might be the cause of such beeps. It is definitely not caused by Neutron as it does not have any logic which could produce them. I think it is firmware problem.