Source will not refresh

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
The Grudge

Source will not refresh

Post by The Grudge » Sat May 04, 2013 1:29 pm

Sorry to sound frustrated, but this is getting very frustrating. In my source list Neutron found the new SD card I installed, no issues the first time put music into the music folder and bam, it was there in Neutron in a short time. Since then no matter what I do, any new music I place in the music directory of the SD card will not import into Neutron. I see the Refresh indicator is marked red so it should refresh, but it doesn't. Just to see what happens I deselected the refresh and nothing happens. I done the deselect, reselect many times now. I have removed the music from the directory and put it in again. Seriously I love the app when it is working, but it is so quirky. What on earth is going on with Neutron? If it is monitoring a Source why is it so hard? Sorry to sound frustrated, but I am. Still love Neutron.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Source will not refresh

Post by dmitrykos » Sat May 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi! Have you tried long-press on source entry and button [RESCAN]?

The Grudge

Post by The Grudge » Sat May 04, 2013 4:06 pm

I just tried this, a few times. I can get to the screen where I see the various options, I press on the Rescan button and I just get taken back to the source list screen and I see the number of entries under the source does not refresh. Am I missing something? Thanks.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat May 04, 2013 5:14 pm

Do you see REFRESH DB red message blinking on Display? Also, are you sure that source entry is pointing to the top-level folder under which you keep your music? May be you could delete all source entries you have and create new one and point it to the correct location. I tried on my dev. devices and Neutron refreshing/rescanning as expected.

The Grudge

Post by The Grudge » Sat May 04, 2013 6:40 pm

No there is no flashing or blinking. And yes when I trace the edit path it does reference the main music folder (music). When I drill down into this directory through Neutron I see the three existing directories that hold artist files there, plus the new directory I created that has the new music file sin it. The other directories are displayed in red, but this new one, the one that will not update is in white. When I touch it Neutron tells me no directories here? I will try this workaround you suggested and let you know. Thanks.

The Grudge

Post by The Grudge » Sun May 05, 2013 2:01 am

Well, while I have no idea why this worked I simply removed everything from the network drive that was the source. I then went into Neutron and then recreated the smae path as existed before and once I then moved in the exact same directory and files that had existed there before, it worked. It isn't a permissions issue as I am the admin on the machine and everything was done before as admin so that won't explain anything. I love Neutron, but it is very quirky and makes us work hard to use it! Hopefully this new source continues to work, now I just have to solve the images issues. Thanks.