Searching Problem

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
bellyman

Searching Problem

Post by bellyman » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:34 am

Whenever I click the search button the ? comes up and an arrow. No matter what I type - nothing comes up - nothing happens to the screen.

I came here and did a search on "Search" and found http://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... arch#p3871

I cannot believe a keyboard issue is affecting this - I use the keyboard (Swiftkey) all day - and never have found any issues. I did not reinstall but decided to change the keyboards - back to Samsung and then to Google. None of these changes have any effect.

I type "ARMIN" and "STATE" and nothing happens. (Artist is "Armin Van Buuren" and many files/albumns with "State of Trance").

Can you please elaborate on what the search is supposed to do and why it does not appear to be working?

--- Extra unrelated question - re:64bit. I just want to confirm. As at today we download a dual purpose player and to get 64bit quality, we merely go into the settings and turn on "64bit rendering"? (I have the latest)

thanks
belly

bellyman

Re: Searching Problem

Post by bellyman » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:03 am

First off, I didn't realize my NP wasn't up to date per the 14th release so I did that. Now the search works again and I recall now that I did see it working before - but I will also say that as before at one point it didn't do anything like this time. Something flaky / wonky with it. Next time I will restart the player and test a few more things to see if I can get it working without a "reinstall" (per the update) kind of fix.

cheers!
belly

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Searching Problem

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:26 am

Hi Belly!

Unfortunately issue 'no reaction from soft keyboard' is really caused by Android OS sometimes. Neutron is using very basic functionality of Android API to get key presses. But as you said updating to a new version eliminated the problem, it is true because in 1.74.0 and 1.74.1 there was bug in Neutron's UI engine which wanted to skip rendering (to minimize CPU consumption) and it did not take into account that user has opened/active keyboard/text editing task. In 1.74.2 it is fixed.

> we merely go into the settings and turn on "64bit rendering"?

Yes. Neutron will then switch to 64-bit rendering core (separate native library).

Best regard,
Dmitry.