[FIXED] Playlist order wrong

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
ollyolly

[FIXED] Playlist order wrong

Post by ollyolly » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:01 pm

I have a few playlists, one of which is very big and contains new music I've added. I sync this with my computer. The order in this playlist is fine in other music apps on my phone but in Neutron, it has some kind of random order (as far as I can work out). If I look at the m3u file, order is as expected but just in Neutron it's wrong. I've tried long pressing on the playlist but there are no sort options ticked. This is really annoying as new music should go to the end of the list (in the order in which it is added) but at the moment it's completely jumbled up. Is this a bug or have I done something stupid?!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Playlist order wrong

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:13 pm

I confirm that Recently Added is force-sorted in 1.75.3. It is bug and in next update it will work as expected. The same problem happened with manual Queue (if that is reloaded after complete exit of Neutron) and will be resolved too.

ollyolly

Post by ollyolly » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Thanks for the response - the playlist in question though isn't actually the 'recently added' playlist. It functions a bit like that but it's actually generated by me on the computer. I'm not quite sure what you mean by manual queue here - does this explain my problem (given that recently added doesn't)? Can you explain a bit? NB - thanks for quick response! I absolutely love Neutron other than this issue - sound quality is vastly superior to anything I ever had on my iPhone.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:23 pm

Well, all playlists were also affected by forced sorting. Would you please update to 1.75.4 (latest, today) and check how your playlists look now (mine are ok).

> what you mean by manual queue here

'Playing Now' is inside the Playlists section and Queue is the section which you can see in Media Library screen. Since 1.75.4 these list will look as usual (e.g. without forced default sorting).

> superior to anything I ever had on my iPhone

Neutron will come to iOS too and hopefully very soon. Due to 24-bit output on iOS devices the sound quality there will be the best among all Android and BlackBerry devices.

ollyolly

Post by ollyolly » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:33 pm

Hi - no - playlist order is still seemingly random and not the same as in the standard music app. I've added a new playlist as well and this doesn't preserve the order either. This is actually a big problem for me as it makes the whole playlist functionality essentially useless. Is there anything else that could be causing this (again - I have no sorts applied at all but could there be some other setting I may have inadvertently set?).

Sounds great about the iPhone but I just binned mine and moved to Android since iPhones are getting kind of boring nowadays. Thinner, faster, nothing new etc.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:41 am

May be Neutron did not update well because the behavior you reported initially is not reproducible on new version. Please try uninstalling your current version and download/install directly from Neutron's web site and check how playlists are looking.

ollyolly

Post by ollyolly » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:59 pm

Yes - this has worked - thanks very much. Back to being a brilliant player! Cheers!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:32 pm

> tvn2one

Yes, of course, on next week (46) or latest week 47. I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused by this bug. As temp. workaround you can force sorting by filename or track nr: long press on playlist entry -> [SETUP] -> select sorting order & confirm.