bug bluetooth

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
pit

bug bluetooth

Post by pit » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:15 pm

hello
if i activate my bluetooth keyboard with my Galaxytab 10.1 during the neutronplayer play the sound but the screen goes away only a small symbol is in the tasklist
but you can not restart the screen - you need totaly turn off and on the SGT
I use a microsoft wireless bluetooth entertainmaint keyboard 7000....

pit

Re: bug bluetooth

Post by pit » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:44 pm

no also when i take off my Galaxy Tab 10.1 from dockingstation the player screen is away but still play sound and you cant restart the screen.....
btw i have last update from today

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:16 pm

Hi! :) Strange. Neutron only restarts its master mixer if A2DP capable BT device is attached/detached. And keyboard should not interact at all. I will check that part of code for possible solution but something telling me that Android OS misbehaves and is sending wrong notification to Neutron but even though I do not understand why screen is going away while it never does so if I connect BT device to Galaxy S II for example. BT is very buggy in Android OS.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:16 pm

Just released 1.41.4 and there is option to disable A2DP BT support. If it is not needed for you, could you disable it (see release notes) and check if Neutron works ok with your BT keyboard.

pit

Post by pit » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:17 pm

thank you i disabled A2DP and now if i preasure a key of my bluetooth keyboard the player not disapear and works

but still i have the problem during playing when i take off my samsung galaxy tab 10.1 from samsung dockingstation the player disapear and you cant restart you need restart the tab new

but thanks for bluetooth solution

thx pit

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:48 pm

Thanks for the follow-up! I've got question regarding docking station: Do you have speakers attached to docking station? or something that makes audio re-routing?

pit

Post by pit » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:54 pm

yes but if i give the cable away its the same....i use the original samsung docking station for the GalaxyTab 10.1........

and bad news about bluetooth keyboard.....if the keyboard connected after start your player the player go still off (screen) but music play and you need totaly restart the SGT

if you connect first keyboard over bluetooth and after start your player all is ok

but this is not so problem for me now i know what i need take care

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:51 am

> if you connect first keyboard over bluetooth and after start your player all is ok

If it happens even with A2DP option OFF in Neutron then I do not know the cause because Neutron in this case does not touch any BT function, API at all... Then it is most probably crashing inside Android OS which does some switching inside Audioflinger (audio core) when you attach BT, and it is crashing on the moment when AudioTrack (Android's API) is opened by Neutron. Moreover keyboard is not even A2DP device and I do not know how ever it can affect Neutron.

As to docking station it seems also the problem inside the Android OS while AudioTrack is being opened by Neutron. Neutron uses very minimal set of Android functions and for audio is continuously calling only 1 function to feed audio to Android OS.

Do you have crashes with stock music player in the same situation, or just Neutron?