Spontaneous Reboots v1.43

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
krazman

Spontaneous Reboots v1.43

Post by krazman » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:29 pm

Anyone else getting spontaneous reboots while listening? I am using BT earbuds on Dell Streak5. I have LOTS of memory and lots of storage left. Usually happens after listening to 3 or 4 songs in playlist. Set to shuffle and repeat playlist.

Also...Dmitry, I asked a question in the NEON thread above the line. Could you please take a look and reply? Thanks!
kraz

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Spontaneous Reboots v1.43

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:26 am

Hi! :D The problem with often reboots I hear for the first time. In everyday life I am using 2 devices for music listening Galaxy S and Galaxy S II and listen music for hours. I do not use BT but listen music for hours and did not notice any problem. What if you try using wired headset? Will it work stable? If so, then it is internal problem of Android OS and how it works with BT (mem leaks/corruption).

krazman

Post by krazman » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:33 pm

Dmitry -

Thanks for the reply AND for answering my questions in the NEON thread! I will check with wired earbuds and report back if any more reboots.

Regarding NEON...If I understand correctly, If I install the NEON version over the regular Neutron MP apk and my device runs then the NEON version is running. I thought maybe it would install over regular Neutron MP, but revert back if device did not support NEON. Any chance the future NEON updates could show an N following the version number (1.43N)?

Just for the record, Neutron MP NEON runs on the Dell Streak 5 with custom 2.2.2 ROM!

Thanks for your help. I'm loving this music player!!!
kraz

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:27 am

Would like to make copy to this more relevant thread:

> I am having problems with reboots with and without BT headset. And, since v1.43, when I open Neutron MP is opens then closes and returns to Home screen the first time I try to open daily. When I re-open it works.

Do you have same behavior in 1.44 as well? There was possible cause which was fixed in 1.44 and introduced in 1.43 (due to undocumented behavior of Android's Java VM).

krazman

Post by krazman » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:31 am

Latest post was with 1.44. I'm not sure about 1.44.1 yet as it deleted all data in N MP when updated from Market. Had to Manually scan for playlists and redo all settings. So far, no reboots or app closings and return to home screen though.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:16 pm

> 1.44.1 yet as it deleted all data in N MP

This is strange because it does not have such functionality built-in. So, if you got /Android/data/com.neutroncode.mp directory deleted while updating from the market then it seems your Android OS is misbehaving and somehow did full uninstall of the app. All installations are up to Android OS.

Good that it works ok now. Could it be the malfunction of device? May be you shall try to refresh phone's internal SD and may be external SD by backing them up and re-formatting through Settings. Once I had external SD working extremely slow and then it simply became unreadable, after reformatting it works ok.

krazman

Post by krazman » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:49 pm

I am still running 1.44.1-NEON with no problems so far. I hope I don't jinx my device by posting that!

No reboots or restarts. Open-close of app on previous versions is not happening either. When I open the app it is ready to go. Maybe it just needed a fresh install to run properly. I have been using N MP for quite a while and through many updates without doing a fresh install.

Running very well now so no complaints! One request though: Could you please add an "N" to the visible version number (the one that shows in Settings==>Applications==>Manage Applications) for the NEON version? That way I will know for sure that I am running the NEON version.

Thank you!
kraz

One more thing, the Dell Streak 5 does not do well with a format of the internal sd card. Tried it once and nearly bricked the device. I don't have a Linux box to do a proper Linux format and a Windows format makes one of the two required partitions invisible to the device. You have to buy a new sd card that has never been formatted and let the device format it on initial boot. Too much trouble and too expensive. Working well now.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:42 am

> I have been using N MP for quite a while and through many updates without doing a fresh install.

Should not be the case. On update it just updates assets/libraries. Nothing special happens and shall not affect stability. Same concerns DB. Later I will also add option to have Neutron's DB in separate folder like: /sdcard/NeutronMP, so even full uninstall won't erase the database that is useful for those who normalized music albums and got many EQ presets and etc.

> Could you please add an "N" to the visible version number

In the way NEON version is created is not possible but I will try adding some About screen in Neutron's Settings where these specs will be mentioned (or may be even into Audio Hardware screen which already exists).

krazman

Post by krazman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:48 pm

Nearly 24 hrs. and no reboots / app restarts!!! I am noticing that everything now works in N MP. Before my clean re-install, there were little things that didn't work just right. I just thought they were quirks in the app. NOPE! They all work. I must have just had a bad install before or something. The best part is that now I can complete my walk with my dogs without having to fumble around with a rebooting device while trying to rein in two rambunctious Border Collies. I was always afraid I would drop the device.

Both the DB on sd card and the NEON info anywhere in the app would be most appreciated. Thank you!!!
kraz

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:47 pm

Just to inform that since 1.45+ version it will be possible to see whether Neutron uses NEON by invoking Settings -> Audio Hardware -> VEC label must say NEON, other vise just '-'. Same window can be called by long press on Preamp button.