Music stops, says its not playing and when I...

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
CJMCDM

Music stops, says its not playing and when I...

Post by CJMCDM » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:42 am

Music stops says its not playing (the status bar doesn't lie) and when I made it play again it kept playing from were it was before ,BUT it did that and started playing the song again (at the same time)
as well as the music randomly stops, as well as it stops when I'm touching settings (sometimes not always (the first sign of this is that when you press something like "ignore" it will get stuck for about five seconds and then the music will stop)
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but it stops with no apparent reason.
I know you can fix it. ;)
thanks!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: Music stops, says its not playing and when I...

Post by dmitrykos » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:54 am

It looks like Android OS screwed cache with Neutron's APK. When it happens application starts behaving like it has tons of bugs. Like this one: "as well as the music randomly stops, as well as it stops when I'm touching settings", in Neutron UI and playback is completely split. If Neutron is backed up by Titanium then it may happen with 99% probability.

To cure the problem, try uninstalling Neutron and install it back from Market or web site (if NEON). You can avoid loosing your settings during this operation by following FAQ: http://neutronmp.com/faq (Q: After uninstallation and then reinstallation I have all my settings lost, is it possible to avoid that?).

What is your OS version?

krazman

Post by krazman » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:38 pm

Followed these instructions to the letter. Created new sdcard folder NeutronMP. Placed mentioned files plus the playlist file into the new folder. Uninstalled Neutron. Rebooted device. Re-installed Neutron v1.48 NEON. Opened Neutron and all settings were intact. Opened playlists. Playlists were there for 2 seconds and then I watched as Neutron erased them! Went to sd card and confirmed that playlist file was missing from sdcard/android/data/... Copied playlist file from sdcard/NeutronMP to sdcard/android/data/... Re-opened Neutron and still no playlists, yet the m3u8 playlist files are in the playlist folder in 2 places on the sd card.. NOW WHAT???????

I don't mean to vent here but, Neutron MP was working GREAT for me until you changed the playlists to bindings and so forth. Now it is just one problem after an other. Ive just spent the better part of a Saturday afternoon combining all of my music folders into one, so that I can create playlists for Neutron MP. I have posted elsewhere in the forum about the constant shutdowns which erase the playlist names. Now I have to recreate the playlists again for about the fifth time today.

krazman

Post by krazman » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:28 am

As a follow up to my post above......

After 2 more hours of messing with this app, I discovered that the FAQ didn't fully explain the steps required to get the playlists back. I had expected to find a refresh button in the Playlist screen. NOPE! I discovered that to get the playlists to be recognized I had to rebuild a new Binding using the newly created folder described above or the default folder.

HOW SHOULD ANYONE AUTOMATICALLY KNOW THAT?????????

I had to tap the NEW button in the BINDINGS list and then select the folder where the playlists are stored to create a new binding which in turn makes the Playlists appear WITH THE DEFAULT FILENAME, NOT THE RENAME THAT I HAD GIVEN EACH PLAYLIST. It appears that the re-name isn't stored anywhere, or perhaps, that is something else I might stumble upon.

I've posted it several times before....WE NEED TO HAVE A COMPLETE USER MANUAL ON THIS SITE THAT WE CAN REFER TO. This UI is too convoluted to leave it up to the user to figure out!!!!!

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:37 am

Thank you for comment. I agree that user manual is necessary. I am currently working on Landscape mode and when finish it and polish what is done to avoid any bugs and have all player functions absolutely stable will start working on user manual with textual description and helpful images.

As to playlists renaming, I will have a look why names are disappearing.