MUST HAVE FEATURE : Flac to Dsd

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
TYA

MUST HAVE FEATURE : Flac to Dsd

Post by TYA » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:15 am

Dear Dmitry

I ask you please care for PCM TO DSD feature and implement for this great app.

Please!

It works fine at 1.6Mhz CPU x4core and bring much more detail than directly playing back of PCM.
PCM signal will be converted to DSD realtime during playback.

Tip : hf player and maiden audio of Onkyo is with those function now and the only, on android world.
Thank you.
RG

TYA

Re: MUST HAVE FEATURE : Flac to Dsd

Post by TYA » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:24 am

Mobile

Post by Mobile » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:06 am

Converting a perfectly fine PCM signal into DSD is technically just utter nonsense. It doesn't improve anything.

TYA

Post by TYA » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:59 pm

To above : I believe you don't know that in music industrial, dsd discs are writing indirectly from PCM formats. They producers, editers need PCM image for editing job. They can not do on dsd form.
So you mean they are stupid when they follow processing like : music equipment - micro - ADc - Wav form - editing - DSD form ?
Or will you point out details why producers make DSD discs base on PCM, if the same quality as traditional cd?

Mobile

Post by Mobile » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:37 am

In your first post you gave the prime example for marketing and commercial based tech junk - converting a 44.1 kHz (most probably even 16 bit) PCM file into DSD. There is no relation between this (I gladly repeat it) nonsense approach to what you refer to in your next post. Because of technical reasons editing DSD recordings partly happen in the PCM domain. BUT this PCM format (DXD from Merging) is 352.8 kHz with 24 bits. One might discuss how much 'loss' there is converting such a super high resolution back into DSD, but there is absolutely nothing to discuss when starting from a standard PCM file!

And there is even less than nothing to discuss reading the brain-hurting junk shown in the upper screenshot: Onkyo even wants to convert MP3 files, and uses a wording that makes people think 'signal to noise ratio is improved', while this relates only to the differrence between standard DSD and Hi-Precision DSD playback, but doesn't change the sound or SNR of other format sources playback (MP3 or not) at all.

TYA

Post by TYA » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:00 am

Ah now you said : there is different in Resolution (between PCMs). You also said : Yes, PCM converted to make DSD dics.

What do you think of upscale SD PCM -> Hires PCM that music equipment makers are applying for their products?
Jriver media center, foobar, ... some well known sw are doing that too?
All are PCM right?
You will say "nonsense" again?

For myself, sd pcm ->hires pcm doesn't impressed me much, but sd pcm (no need hires) -> dsd does!

1. You can say sd pcm -> hires pcm is nonsense.
2. You can say pcm, sd or hr -> dsd is nonsense.
All your right.
In facts, those are applying to the world for everyone.

I just share my actual feeling of sq when I use that audio processing, pcm to dsd is nice job would have, much more than typical upscale that using in DAPs.

This thread is not for true or wrong talk. If you already experience pcm-dsd process in Onkyo hf player app, you can give feedback directly to the Onkyo app devs.

Thanks.