Newbie - Equalizer question, mainly

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
AdamK

Newbie - Equalizer question, mainly

Post by AdamK » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:17 pm

Hello,

As someone who loves music, I want the best sound I can get out of my new smartphone (Moto G 3rd Gen) and downloaded the Neutron app because I read, somewhere, that it was the best. I'm beginning to fear, however, that I may be over my head. I came onto the forum to ask a question or two but, looking down the list of subject headers on the forum board, I don't even understand these, so I may come across like a total idiot. So, here goes nothing...

The Equalizer in Neutron: I'm not technically smart enough to understand how equalizers work or how to set up my own settings, so I was hoping there'd be pre-sets on Neutron: Are there? I looked at the ones I could find, but they all look remarkably similar, and sound very much the same, as if these are just names and I'm expected to set them up to reflect them.

thanks, and apologies if this is a really stupid question.

Adam K

GenesisBoy

Re: Newbie - Equalizer question, mainly

Post by GenesisBoy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:15 am

Hope you can figure out how equalizers work by using and editing my presets. They have boring names for the most part lol but for my headphones, I use "New Best Preset Headphones 3." I suggest you use that for your headphones.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbrs5sw0pusql ... s.xml?dl=0

AdamK

Post by AdamK » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:36 am

Thanks, but I'm afraid I'm not sure I can figure it out. While I managed to set the first line and it seemed an incredibly laborious thing (and not terribly accurate, given my big thumbs on those sliders) . How do you get the figures, such as the frequency, to be so exact? I just spent 20 minutes trying to set it for 8000, and never got it accurately.

GenesisBoy

Post by GenesisBoy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:09 pm

AdamK wrote:Thanks, but I'm afraid I'm not sure I can figure it out. While I managed to set the first line and it seemed an incredibly laborious thing (and not terribly accurate, given my big thumbs on those sliders) . How do you get the figures, such as the frequency, to be so exact? I just spent 20 minutes trying to set it for 8000, and never got it accurately.
Have you tried tapping on the numbers themselves? :P

AdamK

Post by AdamK » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:21 am

No, because I'm doing it on a phone all I seem to get is a slide bar - no numbers to actually tap on, unless I'm missing something, some icon somewhere I'm supposed to hit that brings a little numerical keyboard up.

AdamK

Post by AdamK » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:02 pm

Okay, just a last-ditch attempt to bump this up and hope for some practical help regarding the equalizer settings.

Thanks in advance...

Adam K

AdamK

Post by AdamK » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:51 am

Genesisboy - could you please post your link again? By sheer accident, I found out how to type numbers in (hope I can find it again) but now when I click on your link the DropBox page says 404 and it can't find what I'm looking for. Thanks!

pwye

Post by pwye » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:41 am

Genesisboy - I am also interested in your equalizer settings. Please repost dropbox link again. Thanks

GenesisBoy

Post by GenesisBoy » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:59 pm

Here you guys go. Just to be clear, you aren't supposed to open the file on your computer, but instead replace the eq_presets.xml in your Neutron folder. This in turn removes all your presets, so make a backup of yours first if you want.

Also feel free to let me know which of my presets you prefer and what speakers you use them on :)
Attachments
eq_presets.7z
Remember to extract the xml from the 7z (xml files aren't allowed to be uploaded on this forum)
(3.03 KiB) Downloaded 428 times

AdamK

Post by AdamK » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:38 am

Hi,

Thanks very much for this, and apologies for the delay in replying. I don't seem to have ticked a box on the forum, so don't get notifications when people reply. This looks a bit complicated for me (I'm really, really not that technically adept, and don't even know where the Neutron folder is, let alone how to amend it) and at first your reply just baffled and panicked me. I'll give it a go, though!