Album Art Display Question

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
LoryWiv

Album Art Display Question

Post by LoryWiv » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:33 am

After trying and uninstalling Onkyo HF Player and USB Audio Player Pro, I'm enjoying Neutron more than either. Connects easily to my DAC/Amp., SQ is superior, highly configurable, and while others note the UI is antiquated, it functions well for me. I did have an issue where AGP would inadvertently re-set to a high dB at start of each track, causing quite a jolt to the ears, but now I leave pre-amp. gain set to zero and usually off, no problem since.

One quirk is that my album cover art displays erratically. In some instances it shows the back cover even though front cover is embedded into the tag. Does anyone know the schema used to select art to display? Is it first .jpg format file in folder (hence "back.jpg" would appear as it's alphabetically the first in folder), the file named "cover.jpg" or "folder.jpg" or can it be set to only use the embedded art?

I know there is an older thread on similar topic but it didn't appear to fully resolve the question of whether album art size or some other factor was the issue. Any help appreciated. Enjoy the music!

LoryWiv

Re: Album Art Display Question

Post by LoryWiv » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:05 am

For the benefit of others who may have a similar issue, I have realized by sheer luck / trial and error that Neutron's album art display screen has up and down facing arrows on the right sided corners, which change the image file displayed. Now that I know this, I LOVE this feature. I can include the back covers, artist photos or other jpegs in the album's folder and enjoy scrolling through them natively in Neutron while I listen. it is an enriched feast for ears and eyes! Great player, and my next project is to learn how to properly use the parametric EQ! One success at a time. :)