bug reading wma (lossless)

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
DOMINIQUE

Re: bug reading wma (lossless)

Post by DOMINIQUE » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:40 pm

i tried to send the smaller piece but it tells me that file is still too big.
how do you usually do?
By the way , there is no error . I specify that Neutron is able to play the music but arround the half of the pièce .
By example for example a piece that lasts 6 minutes normally is 3 minutes in Neutron ;)

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:08 pm

DOMINIQUE wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:40 pm
i tried to send the smaller piece but it tells me that file is still too big. how do you usually do?
I suggest you use a/the cloud to store a file, grant public access to it and post the link here. These forums don't support file sharing.
Alternatively feel free to contact the developer via neutronmp@gmail.com and send him an email with the file attached, perhaps he can reproduce the issue.
DOMINIQUE wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:40 pm
By the way , there is no error . I specify that Neutron is able to play the music but arround the half of the pièce .
By example for example a piece that lasts 6 minutes normally is 3 minutes in Neutron ;)
Stopping a file right in the middle may be called an error :-D . Btw : does Neutron show a length of 6 minutes and just stops at 3 minutes ? Or does it show a length of 3 minutes ? Could you provide a screenshot of the lower part of the playing-now-screen with the sampling-rate-info activated ( via 3-dot-button ) ?

wma-4.jpg
wma-4.jpg (14.8 KiB) Viewed 861 times

DOMINIQUE

Post by DOMINIQUE » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:30 pm

Ok thank you Blaubar for your patience . I will contact Dmitry .
To reply at your question :
for one song
Neutron shows a duration of 2.53 while Poweramp or windows media player shows a duration of 5.29. The file used is the same for the 3 players. All songs in WMA Lossless are shortened in Neutron.
I think the file is not corrupted. There must be a setting in Neutron that I couldn't find.
The person who opened this post in 2017 (boironus) had the same problem as me. So this is a problem that could be known and listed

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:49 am

Should work now in the new version 2.18.5-3 :
dmitrykos wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:22 pm
2.18.5-3:
[...]
! Fixed:
- wrong WMA Lossless duration;

DOMINIQUE

Post by DOMINIQUE » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:03 am

Hello Blaubär

yes I confirm . Dmitry send me the new version and every thing is ok now .
Thank you both !!