Can't access Network Shares on Win 10

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
pyngme

Can't access Network Shares on Win 10

Post by pyngme » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:24 pm

I have tried and tried and TRIED to be able to connect to my lossless shares on my W10 HDD from Neutron but I can't seem to connect. I installed/paid for a separate network app that allows me to attach to my audio shares and cast to Neutron so I know the sharing is active and functional otherwise.

I have tried attaching to shares with open access, and setup another test share requiring ID/password but Neutron either can't access them, or doesn't want to scan them and find all the audio files etc. The free version worked before, even before I setup sharing. I have uninstalled/reinstalled this product to no avail. Currently in W10, I have "turn off password protected sharing" checked and vice versa (with proper credentials) and nothing seems to work.

As I recall, this worked fine using the test app which prompted me to go ahead and purchase this but I can't use without the ability to attach to my LAN shared files.

pyngme

Re: Can't access Network Shares on Win 10

Post by pyngme » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:36 am

Resolved:

Windows 10 Fall Creators update is the problem (prevents Neutron from connecting to open network shares)

Solution:
1) Win+R (Run), type "optionalfeatures" and hit enter to bring up "Turn Windows features on or off".
2) Scroll down to and expand "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" and check "SMB 1.0/CIFS Server" (Client was already checked for me) and hit OK.
3) Launch Powershell as administrator.
4) Type "Set-SmbServerConfiguration -EnableSMB1Protocol $true" and hit enter.
5) Reboot

From: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... networking