[TIP] Cloud storage over WebDAV

Report bugs and unexpected behavior here.
Post Reply
dmitrykos
Site Admin
Posts: 1847
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:15 pm

[TIP] Cloud storage over WebDAV

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:29 pm

Neutron supports WebDAV communication protocol which allows to access network storage over the Internet but not all cloud storages support WebDAV access, especially those popular like Google Drive, Microsoft's OneDrive, DropBox, ...

Here is the list of cloud storages with WebDAV support which have free storage capacity and can be used as Neutron's WebDAV source:

1) Yandex.Disk
2) ownCloud
3) NextCloud

Please post your other cloud storages known to work with WebDAV.

manontour
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:23 pm

Re: [TIP] Cloud storage over WebDAV

Post by manontour » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:36 pm

dmitrykos wrote:Neutron supports WebDAV communication protocol which allows to access network storage over the Internet but not all cloud storages support WebDAV access, especially those popular like Google Drive, Microsoft's OneDrive, DropBox, ...

Here is the list of cloud storages with WebDAV support which have free storage capacity and can be used as Neutron's WebDAV source:

1) Yandex.Disk
2) ownCloud
3) NextCloud

Please post your other cloud storages known to work with WebDAV.
I can access correclty owncloud via WebDAV, I have a "/" folder inside, but this directory appears to be empty "NO DIRECTORIES INSIDE". Info and credentials are inserted correctly, because if I use wrong credentials I cannot even access the "/" folder.
Browsers and file explorers warns me about my self-assigned SSL certificate before I can access owncloud, something Neutron does not: I don't know if this information is useful. I would really love to sort this out, please.
Thank you very much for you app, Dmitrykos.
Regards

Edit: found this on the forum
horace wrote:I had the same problem, but found the solution.

You cannot use certain symbols in your folder names like: Tilde (~) Number sign (#) Percent (%) Ampersand (&) Asterisk (*) Braces ({ }) Backslash (\) Colon (:) Angle brackets (< >) Question mark (?) Slash (/) Plus sign (+)Pipe (|) Quotation mark ("). For the file names it doesn’t matter, just the folder names should be changed.

You can search for a Windows app that can change file names or remove symbols easily. Google for batch rename files or something like that. After you cleaned up the folder names, Neutron will scan everything from Webdav. (with FTP I had no problems if remember correctly)
Honestly, this is not an option I can apply.

Edit 2:
I cannot access folders even without those characters (still "NO DIRECTORIES INSIDE"). Here a screenshot of my (local) owncloud WebDAV configuration in NMP: https://imgur.com/LskG3CJ
same results with "example.org/owncloud/remote.php/webdav"

seinkon
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:44 pm

Re: [TIP] Cloud storage over WebDAV

Post by seinkon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:03 pm

Nice feature! But even though I can access all folders and files in my Yandex account, it takes a really LONG time to process one single folder so as to add it to the Media Library. Can't imagine how many hours or days it will take to add my complete library of over 30,000 files... Any suggestion how to make it quicker? Thanks

howthen
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:10 pm

Re: [TIP] Cloud storage over WebDAV

Post by howthen » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:22 pm

I encountered the same problem as Manontour。“I cannot access folders even without those characters (still "NO DIRECTORIES INSIDE")”
I hope I can get your help :D

manontour
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:23 pm

Re: [TIP] Cloud storage over WebDAV

Post by manontour » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:34 am

howthen wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:22 pm
I encountered the same problem as Manontour。“I cannot access folders even without those characters (still "NO DIRECTORIES INSIDE")”
I hope I can get your help :D
Check your nexctloud, the link should be

Code: Select all

http://your.domain/remote.php/webdav
or
, there’s no need for “/nextcloud”, but be sure to check your link: login into nextcloud and press settings (bottom left) to show your webdav link.

The problem is that indexing via webdav is very slow, even with good internet (900,200).
dmitrykos wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:29 pm
Neutron supports WebDAV communication protocol which allows to access network storage over the Internet but not all cloud storages support WebDAV access, especially those popular like Google Drive, Microsoft's OneDrive, DropBox, ...

Here is the list of cloud storages with WebDAV support which have free storage capacity and can be used as Neutron's WebDAV source:

1) Yandex.Disk
2) ownCloud
3) NextCloud

Please post your other cloud storages known to work with WebDAV.
Is there a way to improve WebDav compatibility? Playing music is fine but the indexing is endless, looking at my internet usage it appears that Neutron transfers all tracks while indexing them. I think there’s something wrong! I can share with youna nextcloud folder so you test it yourself Dmitrykos!

blaubär
Posts: 1359
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:48 am

Re: [TIP] Cloud storage over WebDAV

Post by blaubär » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:39 am

manontour wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:34 am
Is there a way to improve WebDav compatibility? Playing music is fine but the indexing is endless, looking at my internet usage it appears that Neutron transfers all tracks while indexing them. I think there’s something wrong! I can share with youna nextcloud folder so you test it yourself Dmitrykos!
If you want to contact the developer please write to neutronmp@gmail.com

blaubär
Posts: 1359
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:48 am

Re: [TIP] Cloud storage over WebDAV

Post by blaubär » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:45 pm

seinkon wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:03 pm
Nice feature! But even though I can access all folders and files in my Yandex account, it takes a really LONG time to process one single folder so as to add it to the Media Library. Can't imagine how many hours or days it will take to add my complete library of over 30,000 files... Any suggestion how to make it quicker? Thanks
Did you solve your problem ? See also https://neutronmp.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 771#p13978

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests