[TIP] Cloud storage over WebDAV

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
MisterMorales

Re: [TIP] Cloud storage over WebDAV

Post by MisterMorales » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:50 am

Has this been updated in any form? Speaking to utilizing Google drive?

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:01 am

MisterMorales wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:50 am
Has this been updated in any form? Speaking to utilizing Google drive?
Yes, the release notes for 2.21.9 say :
* Improved compatibility with WebDAV servers

Dryst

Post by Dryst » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:43 am

neutron.tgn wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:44 am
This one works perfect:

https://webdav.pcloud.com/
I am a pCloud user, and I got WebDAV working after writing to their support. WebDAV will not work at all if you have two factor authentication enabled for your account. It is a known issue that they are working on, but there is no solution as of this post. I had to turn off two factor authentication to get WebDAV to work.

Also, when I initially attempted WebDAV it was always starting to scan from my pCloud root directory. It was scanning very fast though, but I wanted it to scan My Music directory only. After writing to support about this then re-trying, it now shows a directory selector where I am able to select My Music directory to start the scan. Now it is scanning very slowly starting from the correct directory. Reading other posts seems to imply this was an issue with Neutron, but I did witness fast scanning as I stated before. There may be a couple of factors involved in the slow scanning.

My media library does not change that often, so I will allow it to slow scan to completion. Hopefully scanning to detect newly added files will not take so long!