Internal DAC (Hi-Res Audio Driver) not work on Oreo (mido)

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Dicky Herlambang

Internal DAC (Hi-Res Audio Driver) not work on Oreo (mido)

Post by Dicky Herlambang » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:39 pm

Hi everyone, I was using this apps on stock MIUI 9 or 10 in my xiaomi redmi note 4x with internal DAC using Hi-Res Codecs (Direct PCM). And it's work greatly with the result, I was check output on terminal emulator using command "dumpsys media.audio_flinger" and it shows audio_mixers for output usu 96khz with 24bit (packed PCM) and change automatically with current song frequency.
But when I'm install another custom ROM based on Oreo (Lineage OS 15.1), generic drivers and Hi-Res Codecs (direct PCM) still shown and can be enable. So I try to enable it and test, when i check using terminal emulator using same command of dumpsys. It shows that audio_mixer use 48khz with 16bit audio, and Hi-Res frequency not work correctly, and when I check some of asound/hw_params it's tell my device use 48khz with 16 bit audio that should never be opened or use on alsa when neutron use generic drivers when I'm on nougat.

My question is neutron not compatible with Oreo for generic drivers (Internal DAC)?

Because when I use other audio player that have same access to internal DAC that use (Direct HD) method it can use 96khz with 24bit packed audio on Oreo in my device.

I already try some customized generic drivers custom format like direct,direct PCM, and raw but still same. Hi-Res isn't configured and goin to weird...

Thank you :)