Buying Neutron Player if there is no Google Play available on the device

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
fallen2109

Buying Neutron Player if there is no Google Play available on the device

Post by fallen2109 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:11 pm

Dear Support,

I love your player and all it's functionality. I own a FiiO M11 Android 7 device, but there is no Google Play installed on it as the Android is customized by the producer (FiiO). Is there a way to buy your player in this situation ? I also use iPhone, so I do have Apple store account. May be I can buy it there and get valid subscription also on Google Play?

Thank you for your time.

blaubär

Re: Buying Neutron Player if there is no Google Play available on the device

Post by blaubär » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:28 pm

I never tried it, and cannot do so because I don't have the device, but I found this post :

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-m1 ... t-14906416
1. Purchase Neutron Music Player on PayPro. This process is a bit annoying. I paid with PayPal and had to reply to an email to confirm my purchase. Make sure to remember which email you used to make the purchase. This may be different from your PayPal/etc. email.

2. Install the app from Neutron's website. ARM64 I believe. http://neutronmp.com/downloads/category ... droid.html

3. The worst part is soon to be upon us! Go to settings > help > account. You should see some information about the evaluation period. Next, hit the + to add an account.

Screenshot_20190418-222557_Neutron.jpg Screenshot_20190418-222802_Neutron.jpg

4. Here's the awful part. Add your email by setting up the email server and login information. I used a gmail account with 2-factor authentication as well as a temporary app password, but there are obvious security concerns involved here. You'll have to consult your email service for the server information. You may also have to do additional configuration. For example, with gmail, I had to enable the POP3/IMAP connections to my mailbox. Your email must be the one you entered when purchasing the app via PayPro.

Example for gmail:

Server: pop3s://pop.gmail.com
Username: #####@gmail.com
Password: #####

5. After entering the info, hit the check mark. This will bring you back to the ACCOUNT menu. You should see your email here.

If the email is yellow and stays yellow after waiting for a short while, then Neutron is having difficulties connecting to your email. Something is not configured correctly, in this case.

If the email turns white, then it has successfully connected and should soon process the registration. You can confirm this by returning to the settings > help menu. If the evaluation period information has disappeared, then your license has been successfully registered on the device.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:48 pm

http://neutronmp.com/buy.html
Android: Directly from the developer via PayPro

This purchase does not provide registration in the Google's Play Store. It is direct purchase from the developer. The application package (APK) must be downloaded, installed and updated manually from the web site. The application package (APK) is always available for a download from the Download section of this web site. The e-mail account which is used for the purchase must be valid and registered in the Accounts section of the settings of your Android device as IMAP/POP3 or Google account. The license is valid for the unlimited number of downloads, installations and updates for the lifetime of the e-mail account which was used for purchase of the license. Refunds are not possible.

fallen2109

Post by fallen2109 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:52 am

blaubär wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:48 pm
http://neutronmp.com/buy.html
Android: Directly from the developer via PayPro

This purchase does not provide registration in the Google's Play Store. It is direct purchase from the developer. The application package (APK) must be downloaded, installed and updated manually from the web site. The application package (APK) is always available for a download from the Download section of this web site. The e-mail account which is used for the purchase must be valid and registered in the Accounts section of the settings of your Android device as IMAP/POP3 or Google account. The license is valid for the unlimited number of downloads, installations and updates for the lifetime of the e-mail account which was used for purchase of the license. Refunds are not possible.
Thanks for your help. I am an IT guy, so I found the same information as in your post earlier this evening and gave it a try :). Well after deleting and re-entering my e-mail account - I was able to get rid of the trial period info in the help screen and also i got a red dot against the previously configured e-mail account showing me that it is active. Brilliant !!!

Thank you for your long post and all the efforts.

One last thing I would like to ask - is there a comprehensive manual for NEUTRON somewhere. I see so many options in the settings menu that I do not understand. Thank you again for your help.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:02 am

fallen2109 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:52 am
One last thing I would like to ask - is there a comprehensive manual for NEUTRON somewhere. I see so many options in the settings menu that I do not understand. Thank you again for your help.
Well, I didn't find one so far :cry: ... but there's this forum ;) ... and although not many users take part, it's worth a try.
Unfortunately the search here won't take all words, e.g. searching for "playlist" gets you the answer
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: playlist.
So fire away with any question where you don't find the answer. What we can't solve together we can ask the developer
memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin
neutronmp@gmail.com