NeutronMP does not see the Windows 10 network folders

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
dmitrykos
Site Admin

Re: NeutronMP does not see the Windows 10 network folders

Post by dmitrykos » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:23 pm

My suggestion is to use SFTP (SSH) source if you need to access server from external Internet. SFTP is the same fast as SMB, very secure and native for Linux if your server is running a Linux flavor (like Debian for example).

Although SMB via VPN should work too - added task to debug this problem and fix for the next future update.

GlowTube

Lots of SMB shares, only some are visible to Neutron

Post by GlowTube » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:09 pm

Like the Subject says ... the SMB share I want to use most is not noticed by Neutron when it scans my network, and I have not been successful when I try to manually add this share as a new "Network." I've compared Samba parameters for the shares that ARE noticed by Neutron with the ones that AREN'T and it's not obvious why some are invisible. UPnP is also available on the target share's computer, and Neutron can indeed scan the content this way, but I feel that this is much slower than SMB access - and it depends on the UPnP "topics" that the server provides, not the files themselves.

When Neutron scans a local LAN looking for SMB shares, what is it looking for?

And what is the correct format for entering a share manually? After I select Network View and "+" , how should the address field look? If there is no login/password necessary for the share, do I enter any text for those?

BTW, in testing manual entry I could not get Neutron to accept a manual entry of a share that it does indeed find automatically (!). So that confirms that some magic is apparently required when entering sources manually. I'm using Neutron version 2.17.4 on iOS 14.7.1.

Thanks for any advice!

blaubär

Re: Lots of SMB shares, only some are visible to Neutron

Post by blaubär » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:02 am

GlowTube wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:09 pm
When Neutron scans a local LAN looking for SMB shares, what is it looking for?
And what is the correct format for entering a share manually?
See the topic with which I merged your post. Neutron's support of SMB only covers SMB version 1. When in doubt feel free to contact neutronmp@gmail.com for further advice.