FiiO M6, M7, M9, M11 DAP support information

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
blaubär

Re: FiiO M6, M7, M9, M11 DAP support information

Post by blaubär » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:04 pm

So you've bought on the play store, but there is no play store on your device ? Then you'll have to buy on PayPro, see buy
Android: Directly from the developer via PayPro

This purchase does not provide registration in the Google's Play Store. It is direct purchase from the developer. The application package (APK) must be downloaded, installed and updated manually from the web site. The application package (APK) is always available for a download from the Download section of this web site. The e-mail account which is used for the purchase must be valid and registered in the Accounts section of the settings of your Android device as IMAP/POP3 or Google account or inside Neutron's settings. The license is valid for the unlimited number of downloads, installations and updates for the lifetime of the e-mail account which was used for purchase of the license. Refunds are not possible.

[...]

General: Purchase transfer from one platform to another

It is not possible to transfer purchase from one platform to another, app stores do not provide such possibility or interface to the app developers. Details are here.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:07 pm

As to what to download see Fiio . When in doubt contact neutronmp@gmail.com .

JediMa

Post by JediMa » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:46 am

Dang... so I've to buy it twice.. :oops:

jgmproducciones

Post by jgmproducciones » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:59 am

Hi. I've tried everything. I buyed Neutron from Google PLay on my PC and cannot activate on my Fiio M6. Still getting Trial period expired! Please help! Thank you

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:48 am

So you've got a Google PlayStore on your PC ? What do you mean by that ? Anyway, with a Google license you can can install and run Neutron on any device with Google Play Services, see Buy . On some Fiio devices without the Play Services you'll have to buy from PayPro and then manually activate the license, see FAQ.

Alasdair

Post by Alasdair » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:43 pm

According to the first post in this thread, Fiio M6, M7, M9 have been supported since v. 2.11.1

I have an M7

I bought NMP through PayPro so I could use an apk to install from an SD card, since the M7 has no WiFi / internet access.

The ARM64 apks wouldn't install, so I used the ARMv7+NEON version.

I get the "Trial Expired" error message.

I found instructions in the FAQ on how to register my email address/account in the NMP Help settings, but that doesn't work on the Fiio M7 because it has no WiFi / internet access.

So how do I remove the error message?

Thanks for your help

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:15 pm

Alasdair wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:43 pm
I get the "Trial Expired" error message.

I found instructions in the FAQ on how to register my email address/account in the NMP Help settings, but that doesn't work on the Fiio M7 because it has no WiFi / internet access.

So how do I remove the error message?
If you definitively don't have any internet, at no time at all, then you won't. Neutron will check whether you've got a valid licence by checking access to the mail account that you used to buy the license. Without internet this won't work. Temporary access should be enough.
How to proceed with PayPro
You can disable IMAP/POP3 access for your e-mail account if license check succeeded (when you see red dot on your e-mail account in Help -> Account list).
If you reset Neutron's settings you will need to account details again.
I suggest you ask the Fiio support for help.

Alasdair

Post by Alasdair » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:42 am

Thanks.
I have internet, but the M7 has no WiFi or other way to connect to it.
The M7 is not supposed to connect to the internet, so there's no point in contacting Fiio support.
Since the Neutron Site Admin (dmitrykos) was the one who wrote the first post saying that the M7 is supported, I wrote to NMP support

Alasdair

Post by Alasdair » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:35 pm

I got a very helpful message back from Dmitry at Support.

I was wrong - the M7 does have WiFi capability, but it is disabled/hidden by default.

I have now activated WiFi but still haven't managed to authorise my NMP account. I'm not sure what details/login credentials to use.

The page https://neutroncode.com/faq/9-trial-expired-fix-paypro shows examples of how to do it for a few email providers, but they're all slightly different and it's not clear to me what I should use for my email server.

This is just a heads up for anyone who has the same problem. I wrote back to Support and hopefully I will get the details I need.

Alasdair

Post by Alasdair » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:47 pm

I got it fixed in the end.

I came to the conclusion that the problem was the M7 firmware, which is buggy/laggy and doesn't show what's happening because of the minimal Android version.