Being offline (no internet) causes trial to be triggered

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
rs219

Being offline (no internet) causes trial to be triggered

Post by rs219 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:22 pm

I have been using Neutron for a very long time, both online but also offline when I am on a plane.

All of a sudden, when on a plane, after about 4-5 songs I get a message that says something to the effect that I am using a trial version and asks if I want to purchase. This never happened on a plane before. What is going on?

Please help!

blaubär

Re: Being offline (no internet) causes trial to be triggered

Post by blaubär » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:21 pm

rs219 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:22 pm
I have been using Neutron for a very long time, both online but also offline when I am on a plane.

All of a sudden, when on a plane, after about 4-5 songs I get a message that says something to the effect that I am using a trial version and asks if I want to purchase. This never happened on a plane before. What is going on?

Please help!
That shouldn't happen. You could delete the app's Cache or deinstall/reinstall the app. Perhaps that helps.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:51 pm

any success ?

Beakman

Post by Beakman » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:47 pm

This also has happened to me this month (Feb 2020) on two separate devices, a BlackBerry Priv and my Onkyo DP-X1. The occurance with the phone happened while I was abroad though I used both at that location. On the phone I had data limited or off and wifi off. The occurance with the Onkyo was after I came home and also with wifi disabled.
Both times after the trial notice happened I turned on wifi but that didn't change anything until after I closed the app and rebooted the devices (with wifi defaulted to "on" before shutdown).
Last edited by Beakman on Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Beakman

Post by Beakman » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:56 pm

Also, I had thought the problem with the phone was that I had installed a security app named NetGuard and thought it was restricting some data needed for Neutron, but the occurance on the Onkyo DP-X1 put paid to that idea as I do not have that or any other security/firewall/monitoring app on it. As it is, apps on the Onkyo are kept to a bare minimum.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:37 pm

I'd say that's a bug. How did you buy, Play Store or Pay Pro ? If Play Store, then the bug might be located in Google Play Services.

Pay Pro
You can disable IMAP/POP3 access for your e-mail account if license check succeeded (when you see red dot on your e-mail account in Help -> Account list).
If you reset Neutron's settings you will need to account details again.
Play Store
A: Make sure that Google confirmed your purchase and e-mailed Purchase Confirmation to your bound Google account (e-mail). Make sure your device has Google Play Store working and you can see your purchases there. Sometimes Google Play services misbehave (long lasting bug) and provide incorrect reply to the application's request to validate license.

There are 2 ways to try to fix this problem:

1. Easy:

Reboot device
Open Neutron from its page in Google Play Store app

2. Complex:

Uninstall Neutron (backup /NeutronMP with all settings but normally it should persist)
Go to OS settings -> Apps -> find Google Play Store in the list -> clear cache and data -> find Google Play services -> clear cache and data -> reboot device
Install and open Neutron from its page in Google Play Store app
Access Neutron's settings -> Help -> Account -> wait until progress bar stops and red dot appears on GOOGLE entry

If these steps do not help send message to the technical support e-mail.
If that doesn't help then I suggest you write to the developer at neutronmp@gmail.com