Neutron not showing tracks

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Caelin1

Neutron not showing tracks

Post by Caelin1 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:11 am

This screenshot shows that I have tracks that are not showing in neutron but are present in the directory that has other audio files. I did not blacklist them, they were their one day and the next the disappeared. Searching for them returns nothing. I have checked the metadata for all files in that directory and they have the same album name and so on. Anyways, they should still show in neutron since I can look at all files in a directory (like in the screenshot). Anyone got ideas?

Edit: I have refreshed media sources several times, restarted, and force quit the app.
20200907_200342.jpg
20200907_200342.jpg (180.47 KiB) Viewed 2590 times

blaubär

Re: Neutron not showing tracks

Post by blaubär » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:29 am

Try a full rescan of the source ( long press on the source, then "Scan" ).

Caelin1

Post by Caelin1 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:14 am

Thanks blaubär, but unfortunately that does not work.

The next thing I was thinking of doing was searching the .db file I have in the NeutronMP folder for references to those missing songs. Given that the file is enormously long, I wanted to ask first if you know if that file will have any information on ignored songs.

The next thing I can do is make a backup of the files neutron uses, uninstall the app, reinstall and then copy over those files.

Is one method better than the other?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:41 am

From the screenshot it seems that you use the Folders-View in Neutron ... and you surely have tried Artists, Albums and songs ? Perhaps you pressed "Remove" in the File-Info and then told Neutron to ignore the files ? I suggest you do a complete uninstall including the Neutron directory and then reinstall, a backup of the Neutron-database might reproduce the effect you want to get rid of. If all that doesn't work I suggest you contact neutronmp@gmal.com, they might have ideas for a further analysis.

Caelin1

Post by Caelin1 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:26 pm

Yes. Tried every view and they just don't show. I didn't try finding out if they weren't showing up due to being ignored, (not saying I ignored them, I know that I would not accidentally ignore over ten different songs) so I don't really know what was causing Neutron to do this. I would think the folder view would list every file in my library, regardless of being ignored, but I don't know for sure. If this has happened elsewhere in my library or if it does it again I'll be sure to see what happens in each view if a file is ignored. That will provide some insight into what is causing this since it seems that Neutron thinks the tracks are ignored.

I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of Neutron. Backing up the files and using those to overwrite the files in the new NeutronMP folder produced the same effect, as suspected. Deleting everything was fine, primarily wanted the eq_preset.xml file to be restored. I tried restoring that file and each time it was overwritten upon force quitting Neutron and then launching it. I'm sure it's the database file that's the culprit of that. Too bad I can't just replace that database file with my old one. Oh well.

I decided that I'd try moving the folders that those songs are in to a different directory. I was hoping that Neutron was just skipping over them during each source scan due to their location on my SD card. That turned out to be right. They are now showing up in Neutron. Good grief.

This whole ordeal was very frustrating and I hope that this problem, whatever causes it, does not and has not affected any other files. But thanks for the help blaubär, much obliged.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:37 am

As to the replacement of the eq-xml : maybe the neutron process had still been running when you replaced the file ? I did this once and had to kill that too if I remember correctly.