Prefered Way to Hear Remote Music?

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Romi25

Prefered Way to Hear Remote Music?

Post by Romi25 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:16 am

Hi everyone,

As part of going for more quality, I recently encoded some of my favorites album using higher bitrate. The space requirements however, gets too big for me to hold the music on my old Android phone.

I would like to store my music files on my home PC, and yet be able to hear them on my phone using Neutron. I will be hearing both at home (super fast local network), and on the road (4G connection).

I noted Neutron have couple of options. FTP, Streaming etc. I'm pretty new to that - and I'm not sure which would be optimal. I would like not to hurt quality, and I would like to be able to control what I'm hearing (so no constant random streaming). If you point me to the preferred protocol, I can probably Google my way into setuping it up.

Thanks!

blaubär

Re: Prefered Way to Hear Remote Music?

Post by blaubär » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:24 pm

One way to do this would be to enable windows as a dlna server and create a source of type "UPnP/DLNA" in Neutron. But would this be worth the bother ? If you're not especially interested in playing around with the server then it might be easier to simply buy a new cheap Samsung A20s and a 512 GB sd card, the phone should be able to process high resolution audio.

Romi25

Post by Romi25 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:25 pm

I don't mind playing around with DLNA server if that's the preferred way to share music in high quality. I'm coming from technical background so that shouldn't take too much time.

512gb is not that much, and it means I'll have to carry another device, so remote playing sounds like a better option for me.
Thanks!

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:04 pm

I doubt that there's a generally preferred method. From what I read ( I myself use mp3 files and so am content with my S9 and a 256 GB card ) the dlna server activation should be a rather easy and straightforward task. As would be the setup of a samba or ftp server. If it's fun for you try it out. Good luck !

Romi25

Post by Romi25 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:16 am

Sure, Thanks for the help!