My Playlists Are Deleting Songs At Random

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Various

My Playlists Are Deleting Songs At Random

Post by Various » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:23 am

This is the the most refined music player that I've ever used... I've run into an issue, however.

I've created four playlists on Neutron. To be specific, 2 playlists with 15 songs, and 2 more playlists with 30 songs. After a while, I began to notice that my playlists that started off with 15 to 30, now have 9 to 7 songs on them for a reason that I'm not sure of.

It seems that my playlists are "emptying out." It's pretty sneaky too; sometimes I don't even notice that they're gone.

The songs that were removed aren't "deleted." They're still here, and I can re-add them-- but I'm curious to know why my playlists can't seem to sustain themselves. This happens quite often, so I've had to specifically write down which playlists contained which songs because I couldn't remember. :lol:

blaubär

Re: My Playlists Are Deleting Songs At Random

Post by blaubär » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:30 pm

You didn't manually delete them from the playlists or from the library or at all. Could it be that these songs have sources that for some time and reason went offline, were unmounted etc ?

Various

Post by Various » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:25 pm

After checking my sources, I found that one of them actually did say "Error." Maybe this was corrupting my playlists in some way?

I've just deleted that source, hopefully it solves my problem.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:41 am

It also sometimes happens that neutron disables the automatic refresh switch for a source, eg if the app aborts eg due to shutdown while refreshing that source.