Tags do not support double quotes??? BUG?

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
GenesisBoy

Tags do not support double quotes??? BUG?

Post by GenesisBoy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:38 am

I've been using Neutron for years, and am only just noticing this issue. Tags simply do not support double quotes. It displays all double quotes as single quotes.

I made a test file to double check and made Title, Album and Artist tags all the following:

Test "Test" 'Test'

In neutron, they're all displayed as the following:

Test 'Test' 'Test'

This is terrible for those of us who scrobble, because that means we're scrobbling alternate versions of songs compared to any other platform we listen on! In my case, I now have a duplicate album entry with separate scrobbles between Neutron (with incorrect single quotes) and every other device I use (correct double quotes).

Can this be fixed? Allow double quotes in tags? Not sure why this is even an issue, nothing else does this.

blaubär

Re: Tags do not support double quotes??? BUG?

Post by blaubär » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:41 am

Yes, I can reproduce that :

quote-1.PNG
quote-1.PNG (4.43 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
quote-2.PNG
quote-2.PNG (11.99 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
It seems not to be a problem with special characters in general, but specifically with the double quote. Feel free to contact neutronmp@gmail.com for clarification.

GenesisBoy

Post by GenesisBoy » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:21 pm

blaubär wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:41 am
Yes, I can reproduce that :

quote-1.PNG

quote-2.PNG

It seems not to be a problem with special characters in general, but specifically with the double quote. Feel free to contact neutronmp@gmail.com for clarification.
Thanks for confirming. I just sent an email to the email address you provided me. Hope this can be fixed soon so that I won't be submitting inaccurate scrobbles.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:52 am

Did this get solved ?