Deleted songs, but they keep getting restored

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Allize

Deleted songs, but they keep getting restored

Post by Allize » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:42 am

I deleted a bunch of songs from the App, but they keep on getting restored when I open the App again. I made sure to press the option to delete from the file system. Is this a bug?

blaubär

Re: Deleted songs, but they keep getting restored

Post by blaubär » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:06 am

Probably yes, the file obviously wasn't deleted, and as that generally works, Neutron probably didn't have the privileges to delete the file. One would expect Neutron to know this and in this case not to offer the deletion option and/or notify the user in case a deletion should fail.

bonzi

Post by bonzi » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:06 pm

Allize wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:42 am
I deleted a bunch of songs from the App, but they keep on getting restored when I open the App again. I made sure to press the option to delete from the file system. Is this a bug?
I have a similar problem with this very unintuitive UI - different is not always better. A little FAQ explaining the UI concepts would be nice, if the full manual is too much trouble.

I made a mistake of letting the player scan the whole internal storage of my Android device, and now I can't for the life of me find a way to purge the library (to get rid of ringtones and whatnot).

Please help!

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:54 pm

bonzi wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:06 pm
I made a mistake of letting the player scan the whole internal storage of my Android device, and now I can't for the life of me find a way to purge the library (to get rid of ringtones and whatnot).
Neutron keeps a list of locations where to look for music, the so called "sources", which you'll find in Settings > Media Library > Sources. It probably includes the root of your android device - remove this source ( long press on the source, then delete button ) and add a new one for the directory where you keep the music that you want to include in Neutron : how to add a source

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:05 am

bonzi wrote:
A little FAQ explaining the UI concepts would be nice, if the full manual is too much trouble.
See FAQ and why is there no manual ?

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:14 am

bonzi wrote:
[...] this very unintuitive UI - different is not always better.
It's not primarily a question of quality or uniqueness, but portability. The app has its own graphic library included and doesn't use the graphic elements of its host operating systems. So it brings its own look and feel to the different platforms. That's the reason why it's so portable :
see here
Platforms: Android 2.1+ (Google Play), iOS 8.0+ (App Store), BlackBerry PlayBook 2.0.1+, BlackBerry 10 (BB World), Windows 10 PC & Mobile (Microsoft Store).

Heyuomo

Post by Heyuomo » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:50 pm

Please help me.. Can't delete songs. with neutron player

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:56 am

Heyuomo wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:50 pm
Please help me.. Can't delete songs. with neutron player
Long press on song title to get file info, then tap "Remove", then "Ignore" or "Delete" ... what happens ?