More EQ bands needed

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
CarlFredricksen

Re: How to work with the equalizer

Post by CarlFredricksen » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:23 am

Das lange Drücken bringt aber kein anderes Ergebnis, als einfach nur abtippen des Zahnrads.
Mein Weg
Einstellungen
Wiedergabe
Equalizer presets
Hier wähle ich einen eq aus
Dann Bearbeiten (effektparameter einstellen)
Dann bin ich bei Parametrischer eq
Dann gehe ich auf das Zahnrad. Egal ob lang oder kurz kommt dann Bedienoberfläche – mit den vier ersten Zeilen. Endend mit Schieberegler, Schritt

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:24 am

Oder über Settings > Playback > DSP Effect > Equalizer > Settings

CarlFredricksen

Post by CarlFredricksen » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:49 am

So komme ich hin.
Danke. 👍🏻

Orion818

Post by Orion818 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:59 pm

I've been tinkering with the parametric eq and have a question.

When I'm setting the various eq points I would like to see a wider range of values of the frequency range. Like normally at the bottom of the graph the values start at 20 hz on the left and go to 24k on the right. Since the intervals are so wide it's hard to fine tune the eq points width in the higher frequencies.

I discovered that by pressing down on the bottom right and pulling to the left in this spot I can narrow the frequency range

https://imgur.com/a/ao4XE1c
1.jpeg
1.jpeg (56.25 KiB) Viewed 2631 times
When pulled to the left I get this

https://imgur.com/a/PzAqPHW
2.png
2.png (148.34 KiB) Viewed 2631 times
(I can't imbed the images for some reason) [mod: added]

This is great for adjusting the low frequencies but I can't move to the right from there. Can I do the same for the mids/treble? Like would I be able to scroll right and have a zoomed in window of specific ranges? I.E 2k to 4k with intervals of 2100, 2200, 2300 etc.

I can't find the exact words but I hope that makes sense. Thanks.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:59 pm

You'd like to change the lower limit of the spectrum display - that is set with the slider "Bode Plot, Frequency (log2, <=)" in the equalizer configuration ( long press EQ-button then setting button below, or Settings > Playback > Equalizer > Settings ) :

lower-limit.jpg
lower-limit.jpg (36.43 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
It seems not to be possible with mouse/tap.

Orion818

Post by Orion818 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:55 pm

Thank for the response. That's not what I'm trying to explain though.

Say I have an IEM and there is a clear peak from 7.5k - 8.5k and I want to target it specifically. I want to set an eq point to effect only that range and nothing outside of it.

When I condense the frequency range in the example above by scrolling left it allows me to "zoom" in to the low ranges. I can now fine tune the sub-bass eq point with more precision. Rather then being from 20 - 24k and just vaguely guessing where a low shelf ends I can choose much more finely.

I'd like to do the same for the treble range like in my initial example. Sort of like with the graphic equalizer. It starts with very wide intervals but as you add more bands you can be more precise.

Currently when I pull the scale to the left like in my initial post I get something like this

The low frequency area now has wider intervals but in the treble I have no way of telling where my eq point stops and starts. I don't know how wide to set the BW/Q. Like the right side of the curve could end at 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10 etc and I have no way of knowing.

I would like to isolate just that range and "zoom" in like I can with the low frequency to set the BW/Q more accurately.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:13 pm

Orion818 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:55 pm
I would like to isolate just that range and "zoom" in like I can with the low frequency to set the BW/Q more accurately.
The "zooming" that you describe doesn't change the charateristics of the filter, neither frequency nor gain nor bandwidth/quality. It just adapts the display of the filter curve to the changing frequency axis. To change the filter you can either use the slider or directly enter the numerical value, that works for all three variables. For frequency and gain you can additionally move the top point of the curve around. I suggest you activate "Q" and adapt using the Q-slider and the top point, if you want to change the filter graphically.

eq2.jpg
eq2.jpg (44.93 KiB) Viewed 2621 times

Orion818

Post by Orion818 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:29 pm

I guess it's not possible or I'm not explaining it well. I have a basic idea of how adjusting the q work and how it corresponds on the display.
I just want to be able to zoom in visually in the higher frequencies so I can see a greater range of intervals between the displayed freqeuncies. Like instead of jumping straight from 6k to 11.5k in the picture I posted I would like to expand the range left to right and see everything between them . 7,7.5,8,8.5 etc. Something like that

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:38 am

Orion818 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:29 pm
I just want to be able to zoom in visually in the higher frequencies
Ok, you want to be able to change the left border of the x-axis, as you are able to change the right-border of the x-axis. Currently you cannot do that - you can change the left border, but only via "Settings > Playback > Equalizer > Settings > Bode Plot, Frequency (log2, <=)", and this is much too cumbersome for what you have in mind.

skris88

How to work with the equalizer

Post by skris88 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:01 am

Hi. I'm using the trial version of Neutron Player on my Android device and I need more than the available bands on the EQ, I am trying to enter 10 settings of my headphones (off REW measurements). How can I do so? What is the max number of bands on the included variable-setting parametric equaliser? Thanks! ;)