Background service

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
brimley

Background service

Post by brimley » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:00 am

In settings,service there's an option to keep running in the background.
Is this to continue playing music whilst the user does something on another app, or for when the screen goes off, or for refresh of music sources?
I'd like to be confident that I can set a source to refresh and forget about it rather than have it trying to refresh a source I'm trying to use ie: it only refreshes when I run the app?
Thanks

blaubär

Re: Background service

Post by blaubär » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:33 pm

I found this :
TimBro wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:34 am
Hi, I've just bought this app for my Huawei P20 Pro. When I close the protective phone cover on my phone the music stops playing aftermarket 30 seconds. Under settings I've set the app to work in the background, and I have no power saving modes working at all. Can anyone help?
TimBro wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:57 am
OK, I solved it using the Neutron's own 'settings' :> Settings/ Service/ "Keep process running in the background".
Simple when you know how I guess.
So it would seem that on some devices this is needed to keep Neutron playing music. On my Samsung S9 this isn't necessary. As to scanning: when I do a full scan ( 250 Gb SD-card with about 20k tracks ) I'll have to keep the lid open, otherwise the scan pauses, and this doesn't depend on Settings > Service. Therefore I think this (Android-specific, not found on Windows) setting deals only with the music service, that's the Neutron process that plays the music, and not with the GUI or the scanning.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:12 pm

You could try the three Lock-Settings in Settings > User Interface :

locks.jpg
locks.jpg (15.99 KiB) Viewed 1159 times
They seem to deal with keeping the GUI active, and if the GUI does the scanning that might help with scanning.

brimley

Post by brimley » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:15 pm

Interesting, thanks...