NMP for Amdroid - Backup all settings?

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Alasdair

NMP for Amdroid - Backup all settings?

Post by Alasdair » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:44 pm

Is there a way to backup all NMP settings in Android?
I've spent a lot of time experimenting with many settings and have got the sound just the way I like it.
I would like to backup all the settings, just in case...
I backed up the EQ presets by copying eq_presets.xml, but I wondered if there's a way to backup all the other settings.

Julius Decimus

Re: NMP for Amdroid - Backup all settings?

Post by Julius Decimus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:51 pm

All Neutron settings are in the device internal memory, the folder is called "NeutronMP". - https://neutroncode.com/faq/31-q-how-to ... y-settings

Backup that whole folder. That is where settings are, playlists and all others.

Alasdair

Post by Alasdair » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:30 pm

Thanks Julius! I thought they might be, but I wasn't sure.

FenceFurniture

Post by FenceFurniture » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:32 am

Julius Decimus wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:51 pm
All Neutron settings are in the device internal memory, the folder is called "NeutronMP". - https://neutroncode.com/faq/31-q-how-to ... y-settings

Backup that whole folder. That is where settings are, playlists and all others.
Alasdair wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:44 pm

I backed up the EQ presets by copying eq_presets.xml, but I wondered if there's a way to backup all the other settings.
I would like to backup the Eq presets, as well as my settings, but I don't know where to find either of those mentioned above.
(Android DAP, but nothing comes up when I plug it into the computer - even though the PC said "We're setting up your Android device"))

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:19 am

FenceFurniture wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:32 am
I would like to backup the Eq presets, as well as my settings, but I don't know where to find either of those mentioned above.
(Android DAP, but nothing comes up when I plug it into the computer - even though the PC said "We're setting up your Android device"))
Well, I'm afraid that would be a question for the DAP and PC support. Perhaps a driver has to be installed on the PC ? And the DAP has to grant access to the PC ? And that DAP has to be unlocked ?

MotleyG

Post by MotleyG » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:45 pm

Julius Decimus wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:51 pm
On The DAP, after you connect to the PC, make sure you pull down the top menu and change the USB connection to allow file transfer, not just charge the device (default).

FenceFurniture

Post by FenceFurniture » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:51 am

Sorry chaps, I didn't realise there were answers to this - no notification came through.

File transfer allowed, but on the PC the "MTP USB Device" says "This folder is empty" which doesn't leave a whole bunch of options. No hidden folders either.

silisyumbu

Post by silisyumbu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:28 am

Even though I created NeutronMP folder in home directory on samsung m52 android 12 device, it doesn't back up settings.

silisyumbu

Backup Problem

Post by silisyumbu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:37 am

On my samsung m52 android 12 it doesn't back up settings even though I created NeutronMP folder in home directory.

blaubär

Re: Backup Problem

Post by blaubär » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:47 pm

silisyumbu wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:37 am
On my samsung m52 android 12 it doesn't back up settings even though I created NeutronMP folder in home directory.
Afaik it's not supposed to create one in the first place. There's no backup in Neutron.