equalize in Neutron

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
duya12580

equalize in Neutron

Post by duya12580 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:06 am

So I have a friend who use a normal graph equalizer to equalize JVC HA-FX 100T, He give me the equalize preset, but it is without Q or BW factor, so what should I do in Neutron to achieve a same result as his???

blaubär

Re: equalize in Neutron

Post by blaubär » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:24 am

Whatever you do would depend on what you want to achieve. If you want to change the music ( more bass etc ) then it wouldn't matter that much what equalizer preset you start with. If you want to mitigate the shortcomings of the headphones then you'll need information about their frequency response curve. The first thing to do would then be to look them up in the FRC presets ( but I didn't find them there).

Things you could do:
  • choose the existing eq preset that best matches the frequencies of the "normal graph equalizer"
  • ask the manufacturer of this "normal graph equalizer" for its technical specifications and then recreate it in Neutron
  • ask JVC and/or the internet for the frequency response curve of the HA-FX 100T and create a suitable FRC preset in Neutron

NeutronHIFI

Re: equalize in Neutron

Post by NeutronHIFI » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:05 am

Neutron has much more possibility in term of eq that car hifi's, in term of bands and Q's
So I think should the best wrote the eq freqs from the HU, than fine tuning them in neutron. /Q, BW/
/ for raising you could expand Q's, on cutting you could narrow them, which is much better, than cutting with fixed Q's of the car stereo/

Regards.
NH