Problem with Android Auto

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
blaubär

Re: Problem with Android Auto

Post by blaubär » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:12 am

Does this have anything to do with Android Auto or does it also happen with just output via USB ?

ChTiPowA

Post by ChTiPowA » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:25 pm

I have same issue with my Hundai Kona and Poco F3, exactly the same.
I can use other audio player without any problem...

My old phone was a Xiomi Mi 9T Pro and the issue already existed, i'm surprised there is still no solution today.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:08 pm

I suggest you contact neutronmp@gmail.com and ask them how best to analyze this.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:53 am

The common cause of audio absence in case of Android Auto is that you have Audio Hardware -> Generic Driver -> Hi-Res Codec option switched on. It is not a bug of Neutron but a limitation of firmware, just keep it off to have system compatible with all usage scenarios.

ChTiPowA

Post by ChTiPowA » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:10 pm

Tested on my Kona, disabling completely Generic Driver fixed the issue... weird as it's supposed to be compatible with everythings...

CrackedLCD

Post by CrackedLCD » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:12 pm

ChTiPowA wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:10 pm
Tested on my Kona, disabling completely Generic Driver fixed the issue... weird as it's supposed to be compatible with everythings...
Tried this on a Santa Fe, and it did not work. I still have to load YT Music or something similar first to get audio…

Sputeen

Post by Sputeen » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:03 pm

I think I may have solved this - for me anyway.
Disabling Hi-Res Codec didn't make much difference.

BUT I worked out that Android Auto seems to insist on bluetooth being connected too - even if bluetooth is disabled on your phone, AA will re-enable it.

So I went to Connections and Controls->"Play if Output Attached" and de-selected "Bluetooth: A2DP"

Now it seems to work fine!

Here's what I think is happening
1. Android Auto Connects, music starts playing
2. In the background, Bluetooth connects
3. Neutron is set to "Play if Bluetooth attached" and routes the audio out to Bluetooth instead of AA
4. You can't hear anything because you are listening to AA, which is now receiving no audio
5. You can still see Neutron playing the track on the AA screen, because as far as Neutron is concerned, all is well.

Disabling "play at start" to Bluetooth worked for me.
The downside of this, is that now I have to press "play" to begin listening via my bluetooth headphones. Big deal.

I am now going to re-enable "Hi-Res Codec" to see what happens, my guess is it will be fine.

Sputeen

Post by Sputeen » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:11 pm

OK, an update - still a problem, but not as bad.
Now, when the music vanishes, if I disconnect the cable from my phone (disabling Android Auto) and then re-connect the cable (AA fires up again) then I'm back in action, music can be heard fine. But still with Bluetooth disabled as "Play if Output Attached" as mentioned above.

CarlFredricksen

Post by CarlFredricksen » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:18 pm

There was an update? When?