None of the internet-radio .pls files in my network folder are displayed.

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
sillyrat

None of the internet-radio .pls files in my network folder are displayed.

Post by sillyrat » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:35 pm

Hi! I installed Neutron Player today and am very pleased to see that it shows artwork and other metadata when I play music from an internet radio station (when added to the Streaming section). However, despite the App Store claim that Neutron Player supports .pls files, they don't show up in the media library (in addition to folders of mp3s, I have a folder of .pls files that are all links to internet radio stations). I certainly don't want to have to enter every one of these manually in the "Streaming" section -- I regularly add and remove stations to this network folder so that they are accessible from all my devices. Please help!

blaubär

Re: None of the internet-radio .pls files in my network folder are displayed.

Post by blaubär » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:58 pm

Are your .pls-files located in a directory that belongs to an active source in Neutron ? If yes, I suggest you send some exemplary file to neutronmp@gmail.com to have a look. If not, move the files into such a directory or create a new source with the directory.

sillyrat

Post by sillyrat » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:48 pm

Yes, the directory with the .pls files is an active source in Neutron Player. I sent a few sample files to the address you provided a few days ago. Thank you!

sillyrat

Post by sillyrat » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:36 pm

I received a prompt reply and it was determined that .pls files are being shown all together with no organization in the "Playlist" section (as opposed to the "Folder" section where they are being hidden by Neutron Player). I mentioned that I already have my files organized in the exact way that I want (that is, have no need of the "Media Library" to forcibly re-organize my material) and was told that the ability to keep .pls files showing in the folder where they actually reside will be considered in the future. I appreciate this, and suggest that you will appeal to even more users if you set up Neutron Player to be able to completely respect the existing organization of users' files without all the hassles of "Media Library" scanning and re-organizing. Thank you for the assistance, and I look forward to future improvements!