Auto-Hide Panel - Floating Icon Bug?

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Sekt0r

Auto-Hide Panel - Floating Icon Bug?

Post by Sekt0r » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:08 am

Hi, I just wanted to report a small visual bug (I think it's a bug?).

With the option "Auto-hide Panel" enabled (User Interface > Playing Now > Auto-hide Panel).
The bottom floating icon (that toggles through the album art options) does not move to the bottom of the screen.
Manually tapping the Album art does move it to the bottom (whether the Auto-hide Panel option is enabled or not).

This is using the ARM64 version of Neutron (NeutronMP_ARM64.apk, latest version) on a Galaxy S10 (SM-G973F).

Attached images to show result of Auto-Hide Panel after 5seconds and manual tapping to hide.

Thanks.
Attachments
Manual-tap.jpg
Manual-tap.jpg (178.11 KiB) Viewed 779 times
Auto-hide.jpg
Auto-hide.jpg (238.64 KiB) Viewed 779 times

blaubär

Re: Auto-Hide Panel - Floating Icon Bug?

Post by blaubär » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:15 am

Sekt0r wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:08 am
With the option "Auto-hide Panel" enabled (User Interface > Playing Now > Auto-hide Panel).
The bottom floating icon (that toggles through the album art options) does not move to the bottom of the screen.
Manually tapping the Album art does move it to the bottom (whether the Auto-hide Panel option is enabled or not).
If you want to hide the buttons on the album art use the "On-screen Controls" switch. The "Auto-hide Panel" controls the display of the lower part of the playing now screen. And there the album art is shown if and only if it isn't shown above.

Sekt0r

Post by Sekt0r » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:24 am

Thanks for the response.

I don't want to hide the buttons as I do use them but it looks like (although I could be wrong) that the feature to "Auto-hide Panel" should do as you explain (hides the lower part of Playing Now screen after 5seconds) as well as move that floating button (as circled in red) down but still visible so it's just above the song title instead of on the actual album art (just like it does in the first screenshot when using the "Tap to Hide Panels" option/feature).

I mean, its a minor thing and I won't lose sleep over it but it does stop me from using the "Auto-hide Panel" option which I would use over the "Tap to Hide Panels" option if it weren't for the floating button being on the actual art.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:41 pm

Sekt0r wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:24 am
I mean, its a minor thing and I won't lose sleep over it but it does stop me from using the "Auto-hide Panel" option which I would use over the "Tap to Hide Panels" option if it weren't for the floating button being on the actual art.
Thank you, now I understand ! There's indeed a different layout with the two variants of hiding.

Not hidden :

hide-not.jpg
hide-not.jpg (15.18 KiB) Viewed 760 times
Manually hidden :

hide-manu.jpg
hide-manu.jpg (6.73 KiB) Viewed 760 times
Automatically hidden :

hide-auto.jpg
hide-auto.jpg (9.11 KiB) Viewed 760 times
Feel free to ask neutronmp@gmail.com whether they think this a feature or a bug.