Time Alignment Help

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
BristolPip

Time Alignment Help

Post by BristolPip » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:29 pm

Please can someone help and let me know what all the. Speaker abbreviations are supposed to mean in time alignment and also what is the 1, 2 and 3 for? I’ve had a look through the manuals that some people have kindly put together, however I don’t see anything on Time Alignment in them.

Thanks

blaubär

Re: Time Alignment Help

Post by blaubär » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:23 pm

BristolPip wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:29 pm
Please can someone help and let me know what all the. Speaker abbreviations are supposed to mean in time alignment
I didn't find a comprehensive list ( or any list for that matter :D ) but one example:
What is LFE?

LFE /Low-Frequency Effect – is the Dolby Digital format for low-frequency sound effects, such as explosions, a dedicated channel is allocated. The 5.1 channel configuration has a dedicated channel output with bass-only content that is best reproduced by a subwoofer. And the preferred method of connecting a subwoofer is through the Subwoofer Output of a receiver using an LFE cable.
BristolPip wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:29 pm
what is the 1, 2 and 3 for?
Neutron's DSP modules have presets. With equalizer and frequency response correction you can create as many as you like and name them as you wish. With compressor, surround, crossfeed and speaker you have 3 presets named "1", "2" and "3", activated by buttons.

BristolPip

Re: Time Alignment Help

Post by BristolPip » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:42 am

Thanks for the reply and info 👍