red fast forward arrows appear on artwork

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Rod2

red fast forward arrows appear on artwork

Post by Rod2 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:01 am

What does this mean? I have a folder full of songs and the player is set to shuffle all tracks. There is no playlist.

It always gets to this one track and then red fast forward arrows appear on the album art and it will not play any more songs.

How can I fix this?

blaubär

Re: red fast forward arrows appear on artwork

Post by blaubär » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:47 am

Rod2 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:01 am
I have a folder full of songs and the player is set to shuffle all tracks. There is no playlist.

It always gets to this one track and then red fast forward arrows appear on the album art and it will not play any more songs.
There might be a problem with this one track, file, source ... could you tell us more about this track, provide a screenshot of the file info, source configuration etc ... and try some things out ?
  • So you play from the category "Folder" ( in contrast to "Album", "Artist" etc ) ?
  • What happens if you switch off the Shuffle Mode ?
  • Can you play "the one track" in any other way from the library ( e.g. via "Songs", "Albums" etc ) ?
  • Can you play "the one track" directly from the os ( by starting its file with Neutron from the explorer, my-file-app, whatever is available on your platform ) ?
  • Does a full rescan of the affected source help ?
  • Does a removal of the track followed by rescan and reinsertion with rescan help ?

Rod2

Post by Rod2 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:09 am

I didnt describe it correctly.

The song in question is now in a playlist with 17 other songs and they play in shuffle - I use the skip to next track button when I want to hear the next song. This particular song, when I hit the skip to next track - thats when the red forward arrows show up and no other track will play. Its almost like the program thinks there are no more songs in the playlist (there is one more in alphabetical order after it) but it shouldnt matter as the list is set to shuffle. What do these red arrows mean?

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:59 am

Ok, (nearly) the same question: can you play that song at all ? That is, not from the playlist, but from Songs, Albums, Folders, or directly from the os ? And does a complete rescan of the source(s) help ?