Folder not seen by Neutron, nor after reresh nor reinstalk

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
georgeoxon

Folder not seen by Neutron, nor after reresh nor reinstalk

Post by georgeoxon » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:34 pm

I have used HiSuite for my Honor 10 lite go transfer à folder of 3 songs I to my Music on the SD card.

It doesn't appear as the folder in Artists 'Queen' In Neutron but does in my android app Files. 'Queen'. See attached screen pic.

I have unnstalled Neutron and deleted the associated folder for Neutron. I have refreshed at the sourde level but it doesn't appear.
Any suggestions please?
Attachments
Screenshot_20211201_205340_com.neutroncode.mp_compress65.jpg
Screenshot_20211201_205340_com.neutroncode.mp_compress65.jpg (155.31 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
Screenshot_20211201_205423_com.huawei.hidisk_compress13.jpg
Screenshot_20211201_205423_com.huawei.hidisk_compress13.jpg (98.24 KiB) Viewed 1060 times

blaubär

Re: Folder not seen by Neutron, nor after reresh nor reinstalk

Post by blaubär » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:13 am

I take it that the folder /Music/Queen is included in the source /Music. If Neutron doesn't show the folder in the category Folders then it didn't find any songs there. I suggest you do a rescan of this source and if that doesn't help check the files therein and their properties. Can you play the songs with Neutron directly from the os ?

georgeoxon

Post by georgeoxon » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:06 pm

THanks
I have done the rescan again and it still isn't in Neutron.
If I go to the File search Android app and open the folder and click on the track it asks me to play it on Neutron or Huawei music. Both work.Maybe I have lost the meta data

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:48 pm

Well, that's strange. If Neutron plays it at all then I would expect it to find it when it scans the directory ... is "Settings > Media Library > Guess Metadata" active ? Or can you tag the files ? And there's no ".nomedia" file in the directory ?

georgeoxon

Post by georgeoxon » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:51 pm

Yes Guess Metadata is active. 3 mp3 music files in folder and nothing else.
How could I tag the files? That may do the trick.
When played from the android folder with Neutron I can't add it to a play list nor does I one up in history.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:10 pm

When you play directly from Android Neutron uses a temporary library and therefore you cannot use playlists and the history is not affected.
You can edit tags with tag editors :-) e.g. mp3tag on windows or mp3tagger on Android.
You could move the files to another directory ( one which surely works ) to make sure it's not this special directory.
Feel free to send a test file to neutronmp@gmail.com, perhaps they see what might be wrong with the file.

georgeoxon

Post by georgeoxon » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:11 pm

Thanks. I have looked at the android meta editors but think I will use the Windows ones and reload. I have tried several android apps but they can't see the files. I tried Poweramp but it can edit tags but can't see the files! It has all been a big learning lesson. Thanks for your help I will try all this again when I have time.