pixel 6 pro hidizs sonata usb direct problem

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
whatsisname

pixel 6 pro hidizs sonata usb direct problem

Post by whatsisname » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:20 am

hi all,

new to neutron player just figuring it all out. I am using it on a pixel 6 pro plugged into a hidizs sonata dac via the usb c. all plays fine until I select usb direct under hardware settings. then no playback. should this work? I presume the data passing out the usb port is digital until it hits the hidizs, I'm not sure I understand the difference between having this option on or off in terms of sound quality? either way the conversion to analogue is happening at the hidizs isn't it?

w.

blaubär

Re: pixel 6 pro hidizs sonata usb direct problem

Post by blaubär » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:43 am

Generally Neutron seems to work with the hidizs sonata.

Afaik the meaning of "direct usb" is not "digital instead of analog" but "with the sampling rate and bit-depth of the pcm output not reduced to android standards". The DAC get digital input, and the Android DAC normally only ever accepts 44.1 kHz 16 bit. If a USB DAC is used instead of the internal one, the question arises whether it also should enforce these same limits. If you don't want that then Neutron cannot use Android's standard interfaces and so has to support the special interfaces of the USB DAC.

20211226_104335.jpg
20211226_104335.jpg (18.91 KiB) Viewed 717 times
Feel free to ask neutronmp@gmail.com for clarification.

whatsisname

Re: pixel 6 pro hidizs sonata usb direct problem

Post by whatsisname » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:31 am

ok thanks. I sent them an email.