Problems with 2.19.X

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
christantoan

SAF Scan Loop With Certain Character

Post by christantoan » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:57 am

CarlFredricksen wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:55 am
Thank you
So I only have access when connecting the phone with my pc?
I think so. I haven't tried with ADB/PC as I have root on my phone.

CarlFredricksen

Re: SAF Scan Loop With Certain Character

Post by CarlFredricksen » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:01 am

Ah, ok
I don't know how to handle root on the ohone
But maybe I have to deal with it
Do you an Adress in the www where this is explained or could you tell me, what I have to do?

christantoan

Post by christantoan » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:05 am

CarlFredricksen wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:01 am
Ah, ok
I don't know how to handle root on the ohone
But maybe I have to deal with it
Do you an Adress in the www where this is explained or could you tell me, what I have to do?
Sorry, I can't explain as it can be very different for each phone and OS installation.
What I can suggest is that you uninstall your current player that you install from Play Store and install a version from https://neutroncode.com/downloads/categ ... ic-android.
Note that if you install an update from Play Store, you'd have to reinstall the app from above as the Play Store version has the restriction.

Does anyone know if the version from above location has update notification when a new version is released?
Thanks in advance

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:57 am

In case of SAF scanning issues, please report to neutronmp@gmail.com (to have all bug fixed asap) and install Generic apk which works without SAF restriction because it targeting Android 7.1 as temporary solution.

christantoan

Post by christantoan » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:02 am

dmitrykos wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:57 am
In case of SAF scanning issues, please report to neutronmp@gmail.com (to have all bug fixed asap) and install Generic apk which works without SAF restriction because it targeting Android 7.1 as temporary solution.
You might want to edit the changelog provided in the generic page as it now says it targets both Android 7.1 and 11.

dmitrykos
Site Admin

Post by dmitrykos » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:14 am

@christantoan, ok. Meanwhile bug with # in the folder name (dead loop) and # in the filename (skipped from scanning) is reproduced, so it will be fixed asap. Interesting that nobody reported it for 6 months of SAF existence in Neutron.

christantoan

Post by christantoan » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:18 am

dmitrykos wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:14 am
@christantoan, ok. Meanwhile bug with # in the folder name (dead loop) and # in the filename (skipped from scanning) is reproduced, so it will be fixed asap. Interesting that nobody reported it for 6 months of SAF existence in Neutron.
Thank you very much for the quick support!
While you're here, does the Generic version have auto-update or notification functionality? If not, are you considering one? Because I'm considering to migrate to Generic version as I find SAF scanning time to be very slow. Maybe also something with different package name so that Play Store won't try to update it as well.
The bug was never noticed for 6 months of SAF might be also the proof of its inferiority when compared to direct-access.

Thank you very much anyway! ;)

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:16 am

dmitrykos wrote:
Interesting that nobody reported it for 6 months of SAF existence in Neutron.
Most Android-users didn't get updates during this time. And this special character isn't much used.

christantoan

Post by christantoan » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:27 am

blaubär wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:16 am
dmitrykos wrote:
Interesting that nobody reported it for 6 months of SAF existence in Neutron.
Most Android-users didn't get updates during this time. And this special character isn't much used.
I still receive updates though through Play Store all this time (I think 🤔) and I have SAF through Play Store for a while already. It just I never bothered to migrate to SAF because my previous attempts failed (and I was too lazy to try again :P). I thought Neutron also got the license from Google to have All Files permission because for several updates after the A11 deadline, Neutron updates still have the permission (I never thought to check the target API).

There's also the factor that SAF was only advertised through Play Store changelog and forum I think so most users didn't notice it.

I agree with the special character issue though. I only have one song in my collection using that character.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:53 pm

christantoan wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:27 am
I still receive updates though through Play Store all this time (I think 🤔) and I have SAF through Play Store for a while already.
Updates generally, sure. But Neutron updates ? 2.18.5-X weren't distributed via the play store. Users had to manually download and install them.