Problems with 2.19.X

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
spacecakes

Re: SAF Scan Loop With Certain Character

Post by spacecakes » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:52 am

Just wanted to say that Dmitry from Neutron provided me with an apk which resolved the problem...top man!

albled

update 2.19.1 music library not viewable

Post by albled » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:56 am

By updating the program to this version, the entire music library has disappeared. I try to re-enter via directory but the program fails to scan the files. I had never encountered this problem with previous versions.

blaubär

Re: update 2.19.1 music library not viewable

Post by blaubär » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:48 am

albled wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:56 am
By updating the program to this version, the entire music library has disappeared. I try to re-enter via directory but the program fails to scan the files. I had never encountered this problem with previous versions.
There are known issues with 2.19 . Have a look at this topic, with which I merged your post. Workaround: manual download of version 2.18.5-5

Carlsinger

Player issue

Post by Carlsinger » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:37 am

Hi guys, my player stopped working last night. I redownloaded it when I came to add my source, the icon comes up as red and it cannot find any music in that location. It plays fine on other players, just neutron can't find or play them. I don't have an SD card, it on internal memory, but when I click on the source file and try and update, nothing happens.
Does anyone have a contact email or number that I could speak with someone?
TIA

blaubär

Re: Player issue

Post by blaubär » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:20 pm

Carlsinger wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:37 am
Hi guys, my player stopped working last night. I redownloaded it when I came to add my source, the icon comes up as red and it cannot find any music in that location. It plays fine on other players, just neutron can't find or play them. I don't have an SD card, it on internal memory, but when I click on the source file and try and update, nothing happens.
Does anyone have a contact email or number that I could speak with someone?
TIA
You probably installed the latest version 2.19 . Look through this topic, with which I merged your post. Workaround: manually install version 2.18.5-5

yawg

Can't find my folders

Post by yawg » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:41 pm

Hi,

I've been using Neutron for quite a while with the great E1DA and Takstar planars and like it, also the quick answers by the creator of the app when there was a problem which he solved twice in less than a week. But the control panels are quite complex and now I lost my directory. When I click on the stack with the arrow there is nothing any more. All my music is on an SD card which is recognised and can be scanned.

In the Folders list it says (6 folders) but I can't open them. I've been fiddling around with the controls for a long time but getting desperate.

Please help! Thanks!

Jörg.

blaubär

Re: Can't find my folders

Post by blaubär » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:49 pm

yawg wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:41 pm
I've been using Neutron for quite a while with the great E1DA and Takstar planars and like it, also the quick answers by the creator of the app when there was a problem which he solved twice in less than a week. But the control panels are quite complex and now I lost my directory. When I click on the stack with the arrow there is nothing any more. All my music is on an SD card which is recognised and can be scanned.

In the Folders list it says (6 folders) but I can't open them. I've been fiddling around with the controls for a long time but getting desperate.
Have a look at this topic which I merged with your post - There are known issues with the new version 2.19. Workaround: manually install version 2.18.5-5

silent06

Restore Settings under 2.19.1 with Scoped Storage

Post by silent06 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:24 am

I have a offline backup of my NeutronMP folder. My Samsung S22 Ultra running Android 12 recently updated to 2.19.1 and now the Neutron settings database is no longer referenced under the legacy NeutronMP folder. I believe it is now referenced under /data/users/0/com.neutroncode.mp/files, however, this folder is hidden browsing via a file manager.

Is there a way to restore the settings from offline copy of the neutronmp.db file to the new file path required under Scoped Storage? Or, somehow import the settings or file for NeutronMP 2.19.1 to refernce it. Or, point the 2.19.1 version of the NeutronMP app to the legacy NeutronMP folder on my phone to reference these settings?

blaubär

Re: Restore Settings under 2.19.1 with Scoped Storage

Post by blaubär » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:38 am

silent06 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:24 am
I have a offline backup of my NeutronMP folder. My Samsung S22 Ultra running Android 12 recently updated to 2.19.1 and now the Neutron settings database is no longer referenced under the legacy NeutronMP folder. I believe it is now referenced under /data/users/0/com.neutroncode.mp/files, however, this folder is hidden browsing via a file manager.

Is there a way to restore the settings from offline copy of the neutronmp.db file to the new file path required under Scoped Storage? Or, somehow import the settings or file for NeutronMP 2.19.1 to refernce it. Or, point the 2.19.1 version of the NeutronMP app to the legacy NeutronMP folder on my phone to reference these settings?
Please have a look at this topic, where I've gathered related issues with the new version. It may be a bug or a feature - as a workaround either reapply the settings manually or manually install version 2.18.5-5 .

elhennig

Re: After installing 2.19.0 nothing works

Post by elhennig » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:00 am

I tried to install 2.18.5 manually and folders are read correctly and my saved playlists are back again. Unfortunately now the app complaints that I passed the test phase even if I bought the app via playstore.
2.19.x only find 1238 music files of >3700

EDIT: In the meantime I found an old backup of the 2.18.5 apk and I installed that on my phone. Neo Neutron MP works as before again.