WebDAV works for a while but fails to authenticate

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Wolf

WebDAV works for a while but fails to authenticate

Post by Wolf » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:21 pm

Hey all,

I've been in-between devices recently, currently using a Sony WM-D6c for the time being. Google and Samsung has continually let me down and I am pretty done with smartphones now. Latest Android update "fixed" a privacy concern and is now not allowing access to the root of the internal user storage anymore.

Long story short, lost all EQ presets and local music library on my device trying to troubleshoot the darn thing. Major letdown and the phone sat in the drawer for weeks.

Now, rooted and using it again but instead of loading music on it I set up the WebDAV server on my NAS but I'm having a bit of an issue.

After refreshing the source in the library it works flawlessly for about 20-30 track skips but then all the app does is show 'Loading...' on the now playing screen. It sits for a long time and finally gives up, taking the library with it and clearing everything out.

My NAS gives the following output in the logs:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (52.31 KiB) Viewed 1149 times
The app has all the correct credentials stored to access the files but seems to not authenticate after a while? According to the logs the app seems to use the IP address as the username not the username stored.
Last edited by Wolf on Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf

Re: WebDAV works for a while but fails to authenticate

Post by Wolf » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:25 pm

Sorry for the rambling, I should have backed up the presets to avoid the frustration

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:34 am

Wolf wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:21 pm
Latest Android update "fixed" a privacy concern and is now not allowing access to the root of the internal user storage anymore.
Have a look at 2.19+ - new file access method (SAF), How-To - perhaps that's SAF-related ? You could try to download a generic apk.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:42 am

Wolf wrote:
I set up the WebDAV server on my NAS but I'm having a bit of an issue.
Here's a post with a hint as how to succeed with WebDAV :
neutron.tgn wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:45 am
https://webdav.pcloud.com/ works perfect with free 7GB space.

Wolf

Post by Wolf » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:29 pm

blaubär wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:34 am
Wolf wrote:
Latest Android update "fixed" a privacy concern and is now not allowing access to the root of the internal user storage anymore.
Have a look at 2.19+ - new file access method (SAF), How-To - perhaps that's SAF-related ? You could try to download a generic apk.
Yes, my device got SAF with update and that is what I did not understand when all the files were suddenly gone. I have used Android since Gingerbread and if you asked me back then if it would evenually grow to be more Apple-like I would have said hit the road but here we are.. Unless manufacturers give a choice to use GSI I don't think I will bother anymore.. My device doesn't have a headphone jack or removable storage so it's not a very good music player anyhow.

WebDAV was just a last ditch effort, I love Neutron, it does a fantastic job but if the base device sucks it's going to be a bad experience no matter what.

neutron.tgn

Post by neutron.tgn » Tue May 10, 2022 5:35 pm

pCloud announced they will restrict WebDAV to paying members only as of Febr. 2022. so forget this provider for WebDAV. I also closed my account there for ohter reasons. No longer valid.