No sound from Neutron Player on Galaxy S22+

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Neutronquest

No sound from Neutron Player on Galaxy S22+

Post by Neutronquest » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:14 pm

I have been using Neutron Player for some time on a Galaxy S10e and the results overall have been quite good.
A few days ago I changed phones to a Galaxy S22+ and transferred all my apps and data. When I opened Neutron Player it recognized the music sources and renderer on my network, but when I select a track for playback, there is no sound. If I go back to the S10e, there is no problem.
This issue is specific to Neutron Player; I also moved BubbleUPnP to the S22+ and all works as expected.
I have gone through the Neutron settings on both phones to make sure they are identical.
Has anyone else encountered a similar situation?
Many thanks.

blaubär

Re: No sound from Neutron Player on Galaxy S22+

Post by blaubär » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:23 pm

Neutronquest wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:14 pm
A few days ago I changed phones to a Galaxy S22+ and transferred all my apps and data.
[...]
I have gone through the Neutron settings on both phones to make sure they are identical.
Which doesn't mean that they are perfect for the new phone. I suggest you set "Settings > Audio Hardware" to defaults. If that doesn't help completely uninstall and reinstall. And then do changes to the configuration incrementally.

Neutronquest

Post by Neutronquest » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:12 pm

Will do!

Many thanks!

Neutronquest

Post by Neutronquest » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:27 pm

Success!
The solution involved going into the settings button for the playback device (the red 'speaker' icon at the top left of the 'now playing' screen). The default Format setting was LPCM. I changed that to FLAC. Problem solved.

Thanks again.