Neutron finds DLNA but no music files load(?)

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
rarewolf

Neutron finds DLNA but no music files load(?)

Post by rarewolf » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:41 pm

First, thank you for a wonderful player aimed at audiophile geeks! However, I’m a newb when it come to Neutron…

I’m having problems with finding a DLNA server for Windows that actually works with Neutron. I’ve been able to get it to work easily with Minimserver running on my NAS, but this isn’t ideal because the server is slow and only works with a backup of my primary library.

I can get DLNA servers (e.g., Jellyfin) to run and be recognized by Neutron (iPhone), but once recognized and selected no files are acknowledged as available for playing, but that could be because I cannot find how to point Jf at a specific music folder not designated by Windows as “Music”, nor am I sure what Jf found and recognized as music (the music library is on an external drive). I’ve also tried setting up an FTP server, but Neutron doesn’t acknowledge as having logged on or having found files. My firewall is ESET, but I can monitor activity and, as far as I know, I’ve unblocked any communications between my iPhone the the Windows HTPC. And, temporarily disabling the firewall doesn’t seem to help either.

I’ve tried a search on this forum, but I cannot find any tried&true solution that works between Neutron (iPhone) and Windows 10. I’ve also read where SMB can also be made to work, but I have found anything regarding the syntax in Neutron. Please advise… TIA :)

blaubär

Re: Neutron finds DLNA but no music files load(?)

Post by blaubär » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:21 pm

I don't use it myself but you should be able to use Windows' built-in DLNA server. I suggest you try to add some music to Windows' standard Music-folder to see whether it work then.

rarewolf

Post by rarewolf » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:50 pm

blaubär wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:21 pm
I don't use it myself but you should be able to use Windows' built-in DLNA server. I suggest you try to add some music to Windows' standard Music-folder to see whether it work then.
Thanks for your response. I leave the Windows-designated “Music” folder for stuff like iTunes and JRiver support (which reminds me), but I did copy over my Bryan Ferry folder (Flacs) before enabling Windows Media Sharing, but just like before, Neutron found it but found no music. This is weird…

I usually rely on JRiver Media Center for streaming, which includes DLNA and is enabled. I’m using JRivers own app but it apparently doesn’t use DLNA protocol. It works but it’s no where near the app quality that is Neutron (e.g., no PEQ), but Neutron doesn’t see it.

JRiver’s DLNA used to show up on my smart Tvs, but no longer. It’s as if one of the Windows updates squelched DLNA access(?) I’ll send off a similar inquiry to the JRiver forum…

zhl

Post by zhl » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:13 am

I have the same problem!
I am using Marantz SACD30n with a usb drive attached to it as the DLNA server. I can see the server and all file directories. However, there is no music found inside. The auto scan result returns 0 item.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:40 am

Do other DLNA-clients see the music ? If yes then I suggest you contact neutronmp@gmail.com .