Neutron not finding ALL my files

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
blaubär

Re: Neutron not finding ALL my files

Post by blaubär » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:26 pm

Seventieslord wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:59 pm
It's there a way to tell NMP to save my playlists somewhere else? Like, a place where I can access them...
For Android there's a generic version of Neutron for download to circumvent the issues with the Storage Access Framework.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:20 am

Seventieslord wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:59 pm
It's there a way to tell NMP to save my playlists somewhere else? Like, a place where I can access them...
Another possibility would be to use Neutron's ftp server.

20220702_203516.jpg
20220702_203516.jpg (15.13 KiB) Viewed 3255 times

Seventieslord

Post by Seventieslord » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:27 am

I solved this problem and wanted to explain how I did it, just in case anyone else has this kind of problem in the future.

I turned on the FTP feature, which I had never used before, and used Filezilla to log into it. It took about two minutes (because I have a ton of files), but it returned a list of files in the folder, and it was short three of how many it was supposed to have (as expected). This confirmed that the FTP was functioning correctly.

I then opened up my favourite app to sync folders, FreeFileSync. You just enter two folder locations and it confirms what is different about the contents of each, then you can sync them one way or the other. To my surprise, it doesn't just work for local folders, but also network folders such as FTP servers.

Within a few minutes FreeFileSync identified which files were in my PC's master music folder, and were not showing up in the list generated by Neutron. (remember, they were in fact in the synchronized music folder on my phone's SD card, just not being logged by Neutron).

What was causing it? Unfortunately, I can't say. There was nothing particularly noteworthy about the three files. They were mp3s just like the rest, and were all ripped from my own CDs along with the rest of the albums they were from. Nothing else from those albums caused any problems, just these three. It can only be attributed to a random glitch, from the looks of it.

I re-encoded the files, copied over the tags, replaced them and now Neutron recognizes them.