Neutron not finding ALL my files

Support questions for Neutron Player only.
Seventieslord

Neutron not finding ALL my files

Post by Seventieslord » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:08 am

It finally happened - technology has caught up to the size of my mp3 collection. So I got myself a 1TB microSD card and put it in my phone. Waited 90 minutes and Neutron had indexed all 97,692 of them. Oops, I mean 97,689. For some reason it is not recognizing three of them. And I don't know which three.

What would you do to figure out which three are missing? Here's what I did:

- I ran mp3collector through my whole collection where it formed a database of information about all the files. Bitrate, mpeg layer, mpeg version, sample rate, VBR/CBR, etc. I tried to identify any outliers. Files that were somehow different from all the rest. I came up short. Actually it turned up a limitation of the app itself when it failed to deliver results on seven songs containing abnormal characters in their titles. But I checked all of them and they are showing in Neutron, so that's not it.

What else could I do to figure out what's missing? I have verified that the music folder on my SD card does in fact have all 97,692 files.
Last edited by Seventieslord on Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

blaubär

Re: Neutron not finding ALL my files

Post by blaubär » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:21 am

If you've got a manageable number of main folders in your library you could for each add the contents to a playlist, then get the playlist files, merge them ( or add all to the same playlist in the first place ), sort the result and compare that to the result from the other tool.

Seventieslord

Post by Seventieslord » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:43 am

blaubär wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:21 am
If you've got a manageable number of main folders in your library you could for each add the contents to a playlist, then get the playlist files, merge them ( or add all to the same playlist in the first place ), sort the result and compare that to the result from the other tool.
And what is it's all in one giant folder? :D

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:55 am

Seventieslord wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:43 am
That would be the easiest case, because then you would only have to create one playlist.

Seventieslord

Post by Seventieslord » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:19 am

blaubär wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:55 am
Seventieslord wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:43 am
That would be the easiest case, because then you would only have to create one playlist.
Ok, most of your directions make sense, except the start. I can't seem to figure out how to just add the entire list to a playlist. There doesn't seem to be a "select all" button anywhere.

MotleyG

Post by MotleyG » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:44 pm

Seventieslord wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:08 am
What else could I do to figure out what's missing? I have verified that the music folder on my SD card does in fact have all 97,692 files.
I would look for any files that have a bad metadata header. I use mp3tag for my editing. It can show if any files have issues in the header, and if it does there is a good chance the file could also be corrupted. At least that is where I would start.

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:23 pm

Seventieslord wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:19 am
I can't seem to figure out how to just add the entire list to a playlist. There doesn't seem to be a "select all" button anywhere.
Enter the library, choose "Folders", long press a folder, choose "+ Playlist".

Seventieslord

Post by Seventieslord » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:46 pm

blaubär wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:23 pm
Seventieslord wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:19 am
I can't seem to figure out how to just add the entire list to a playlist. There doesn't seem to be a "select all" button anywhere.
Enter the library, choose "Folders", long press a folder, choose "+ Playlist".
Ok, got it.

Then I want to get the playlist file over to my computer to compare, so I click to share it, but no matter the sharing method, NMP can't copy the file to share it. Maybe this is because it's in an inaccessible part of my internal storage? (/Data/user...)

blaubär

Post by blaubär » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:37 pm

Seventieslord wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:46 pm
Then I want to get the playlist file over to my computer to compare, so I click to share it, but no matter the sharing method, NMP can't copy the file to share it. Maybe this is because it's in an inaccessible part of my internal storage? (/Data/user...)
Afaik Neutron doesn't have a sharing-functionality. Long press the playlist-entry, it will show the file information for the playlist.

Screenshot 2022-07-01 183559.jpg
Screenshot 2022-07-01 183559.jpg (44.22 KiB) Viewed 2532 times
At the bottom you see the folder and filename. Use the means of the operating system to get at the file.

Seventieslord

Post by Seventieslord » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:59 pm

blaubär wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:37 pm
Seventieslord wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:46 pm
Afaik Neutron doesn't have a sharing-functionality. Long press the playlist-entry, it will show the file information for the playlist.

Screenshot 2022-07-01 183559.jpg

At the bottom you see the folder and filename. Use the means of the operating system to get at the file.

I am right there at that screen. But the location of the playlist is in an area only accessible by root access. (/Data/user/0/com.neutronmp.....)

I used to root my phones but newer models have incorporated so much of the functionality of used to enjoy from rooting, plus it's significantly more difficult now

It's there a way to tell NMP to save my playlists somewhere else? Like, a place where I can access them...